Covid and travel discussion

So can we use any lateral flow test when we return? We’ve got a shot load at work and home. Also do we still need to take one abroad to get back on the plane?

They have just gone into level 2 restrictions which gives them longer opening hours and 75% capacity which is definitely a positive. Out in mid Oct so hope it at least remains that way
We were supposed to go next week but binned it, had these changes come in a few weeks ago we would’ve gone, Benidorm in November instead, Sticky Vicky get your flaps out for the lads.

Don't really understand the logic in waiting till end of October to scrap the pcr test. We return from gran canaria on the 14th so will still have to pay for one yet two weeks later people won't. Given they seem clear that pcr tests are no longer necessary on what basis do they need to wait 6 weeks to implement it.

They wanna squeeze out their profits from the PCR tests for as long as possible.

They could quite easily knock the day 2 PCR test requirement on the head now, but are choosing not to for no apparent logical reasons.

Having said that, none of their decisions have made any logical sense.

So can we use any lateral flow test when we return? We’ve got a shot load at work and home. Also do we still need to take one abroad to get back on the plane?

From 4th October, for double jabbed people, there won't be a requirement to test in resort before flying home.

The date that the Gov are going to accept antigen tests over PCR after returning home hasn't been clarified but appears to be end of October.
I think it will still need to be a paid for Antigen test though, the NHS freebies won't count. So the financial savings are not that great in all honesty.

From 4th October, for double jabbed people, there won't be a requirement to test in resort before flying home.

The date that the Gov are going to accept antigen tests over PCR after returning home hasn't been clarified but appears to be end of October.
I think it will still need to be a paid for Antigen test though, the NHS freebies won't count. So the financial savings are not that great in all honesty.
It’s a saving of over £50 mate I’d say that’s significant to me, if it’s £20 for a lateral flow I’ll take that for a bit of sun.

It’s a saving of over £50 mate I’d say that’s significant to me, if it’s £20 for a lateral flow I’ll take that for a bit of sun.

You could get a 'day 2' PCR test from about £28 so if you're looking at 20 quid for an antigen then there isn't a great deal in it.

Still a step in the right direction though (just need way more steps)

my mate didnt bother taking his day 2 pcr test and nobody checked on him.so how will they check if people are doing the lateral flow test on return

my mate didnt bother taking his day 2 pcr test and nobody checked on him.so how will they check if people are doing the lateral flow test on return
Especially if there is a surge in travellers, I wonder if you’ll need a reference number for your flight back like the per test because if you don’t hardly anyone will get one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.