Covid and travel discussion

Jetting off to Punta Cana 2 weeks tomorrow, for the first (of many!) trips away this year.
Looks like that might be the final time I have to complete the unnecessary PLF, with rumours it will be finally done away with by Easter (not sure why they need to wait until then, just get rid now ffs)

Dare I say things are starting to return to something like normal in some countries and within some aspects of travel?

Jet2 have done away with masks.
Greece are removing their arrival form.
Dom Rep have reverted back to how things used to be pre-Covid.
More and more countries removing testing if you can show a full vaccination course (Sri Lanka, Dubai, Maldives)
Other countries/destinations that have previously been closed or highly restrictive for entry requirements are starting to loosen up (Vietnam, Bali)

After a very long 2 years for the industry, and not to get carried away as we've had false dawns before, this does now feel like we're on the home straight. Could be a few more bumps in the road (Covid based or otherwise) but we have to be well over the worst of it now.

I've not heard anyone claim 'everyone should holiday at home' for a while, so I guess thats a decent yardstick for how close to normal we are.

Anyone travelled to the US from the U.K. recently? If so what were the requirements? Will obviously check online but interested to hear if anyone has any first hand experience of travelling there recently

Anyone travelled to the US from the U.K. recently? If so what were the requirements? Will obviously check online but interested to hear if anyone has any first hand experience of travelling there recently

My mate is in Vegas now.

Proof of vaccination.
A negative Covid test in the day before you fly (can be antigen, but needs to be supervised or done in a clinic)
A form to complete which can be printed off and done in advance or done at the airport.
Valid ESTA as normal.

I think there is a recommendation to do an additional test on day 3 but this isn't enforced.

Note some States will have individual rules, above is the general stuff for entry to America.

Buenos Aires a week today, bucket list trip. All depending on Covid test on Friday, won't relax until I have the result.

Going to Krakow for the first time next week, Sunday to Thursday.

Amongst the usual sites/activities, definitely want to 'do' Auschwitz and the salt mines.
Seen a very good value combo tour that does both in the same day trip; is this advisable?
I appreciate it will be quite an intense and long day (mentally and physically), wondering if it's perhaps taking on too much?

Obviously I have enough time to do both tours across separate days, but I must admit it does appeal to tick both off in the same day and keep my other days spare.

If anyone has done above on the same day and can advise on their experience that would be grand.
Or people who have done separate days on said activities and can pass on their thoughts would also be appreciated.

TIA :)

Amongst the usual sites/activities, definitely want to 'do' Auschwitz and the salt mines.
Seen a very good value combo tour that does both in the same day trip; is this advisable?
I appreciate it will be quite an intense and long day (mentally and physically), wondering if it's perhaps taking on too much?

Obviously I have enough time to do both tours across separate days, but I must admit it does appeal to tick both off in the same day and keep my other days spare.

If anyone has done above on the same day and can advise on their experience that would be grand.
Or people who have done separate days on said activities and can pass on their thoughts would also be appreciated.

I can't advise but I would love to do the salt mines and feel it would be an obligation to visit Auschwitz, harrowing as that may be. Let us know how your trip goes.

I have done both tours on separate days and can't imagine trying to do them on the same day.

If it means you only do one tour, you must do the Auschwitz visit.

The salt mines were really interesting but the trip went on too long for my liking and there was a lot of waiting around due to some rules about the separate parties not being allowed to get near each other or some such issue.

Don't do them in the same day. Krakow is a fair distance from auschwitz, the drives lengthy, the place is huge, both sites aren't next to each other either. Its a long journey in terms of time and the amount of walking involved and that's before the emotional drain it will have on you. You kind of need time to process it. I didn't do the salt mines myself when I went, so can't say how long they are, I would have liked to but it wouldn't have given us any real time to explore ourselves so we skipped it, can't imagine doing them the same day as auschwitz.

Thanks for the comments gents.

I did end up doing the combo tour of the Salt Mines and Auschwitz/Birkenau on Tuesday.
Read contrasting reports of if it was a good idea or not to do both on the same day, but decided to go with my instincts and tick them both off at the same time, very pleased I did.

Undoubtedly a long day, close to 11 hours start to finish, but actually quite manageable.
The drives inbetween sort of act as a break effectively and a chance to rest the legs.
I'm not particularly fit but I would say you need to have a bit of stamina as it is a lot of walking.

The Salt Mines were interesting and Auschwitz is......Auschwitz.
Stayed dry all day until Birkenau where it pissed it down, very apt for the occasion.
Found Auschwitz to be the more immersive of the 2 camps; I consider myself to be a bit of an emotional robot but the kids shoes piled up and the gear/aids of the disabled people in particular was very grim.

Krakow is a fantastic place, loads to see and do, very cheap, easy city centre to navigate, thoroughly enjoyed my 4 days there and will certainly return in the future.

1650662357842.png

In the words of the Manic Street Preachers; ''Libraries gave us power.....''

1650662400132.png

Sorry if this has already been asked. Does your covid pass work when going to Spain, or do you have to fill in the Spanish locator form before you go?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.