Covid and travel discussion

No firm decision before the special committee reports on April 12.
By then we’ll see most of Europe in full lockdown so I agree, and I think the govt will extend the total foreign travel ban.

Too early to say, but I’ve always thought that there will no no foreign holidays until July, which seems the most sensible option to me.

Makes me laugh when people who should know better say that there were so many cases imported from abroad, yet it has been stated that most of the cases in this country are now due to the Kent variant.

If we don’t have foreign travel, we’ll just get more variants springing up here. Can’t see how people coming and going from/to the continent is any worse than people travelling to Cornwall or Scotland.

The only caveat I would put in this is that travel should only be allowed to places that have a similar case rate to us.

Took a (maybe naive) gamble in jan and booked time for a trip within Europe for the beginning of July. Accommodation reserved but not paid and no flights bought yet - hope it can go ahead but only if we’re in a position as a continent to do so. Looking increasingly unlikely unfortunately

Yet TUI JET2 and co are reeling out adverts every day!
Anyone getting worried holidays may never be allowed again?

I have got kefalonia booked for 8th August - rolled over from last year. I would say it’s 50/50??

Got to stop people spending that furlough money in Johnny Foreigner lands.
Warm shandy, 99s and candy floss at the seaside.

I take these Statements with a pinch of salt
Each day a different " expert" says somet else
Two week's ago we weren't going to get vaccine passports last week that was on the cards
Turkey,Greece & others are willing to open their arms to us Brits
Bottom line is no one has a clue what is round the corner
What will be will be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.