Covid and travel discussion

Thailand looking impossible atm
thailand pass suspended till further notice till feb 1st at least

we were due to depart 3 weeks today ,jan 30th and arrive monday 31 st
1 day before they'll announce anything new

so for the 2 nd time we're fkd

can't get through to the travel company i booked with ( net flights )
they promised to phone me via direct messages on twitter,iv heard nothing

really don't know what to do
me and mrs both had 1 month booked from our respective departments
me 1 month unpaid,think i will still stay off,iv had my mind set that
i wouldn't be working in february,and god knows when we'll be able to go
anyway.
Could you fly to Phuket and do the sandbox scheme?

Could you fly to Phuket and do the sandbox scheme?
no
we would have to change flights at the last minute and not land at bkk
plus
my wife is from Udon 1000 miles north of phuket

plus we have 1 month
we cant waste 1 week in a sandbox

edit

and also,the thais have suspended the "thailand pass " that you need to fill in and apply for before travelling,anyone after the 15th of jan who already applied and had it accepted isnt allowed in,they will review it for february but we cant change flights ,cos we just dont know what they will do next

Last edited:
Thats our holiday over,just cancelled our flights for jan 30th
6 years now my mrs hasnt seen her family in thailand
our trip 2 years ago was cancelled cos of covid
me and her both worked all through this pandemic in the nhs,her on itu putting her life on the line for peanuts
both of us fully vaxed,boosted.
and still our lives are shit and nowhere near back to normal

whats the fucking point.

Our flights to Bangkok were cancelled a couple of weeks ago, and we're quite glad they were as we were planning 6 weeks in Thailand and it just felt too long under present circumstances. I fortunately managed to find a couple of reward seats to Barbados for 4 weeks from mid February. It's a far more stable situation there compared to Thailand but we also accept that late restrictions could be imposed and it's a chance we're prepared to take. It's also a bloody sight more expensive!

Booked some cheap flights to Spain for the family a few months ago (flying in April). My daughter has recently turned 12 but hasn’t got time to get double vaccinated before we go, which is now an entry requirement for Spain. Does anyone know if this is a permanent rule, or was it just introduced in response to Omicron and could be scrapped again before we’re due to fly?

Thats our holiday over,just cancelled our flights for jan 30th
6 years now my mrs hasnt seen her family in thailand
our trip 2 years ago was cancelled cos of covid
me and her both worked all through this pandemic in the nhs,her on itu putting her life on the line for peanuts
both of us fully vaxed,boosted.
and still our lives are shit and nowhere near back to normal

whats the fucking point.
thats very sad mate, cant you whip the mrs away for a cheap one say Tenerife for a week.just paid £12.99 going and £20 return on 30th of this month with Ryanair,think they just moved into tier 2 but its not a big deal,dosent replace getting over to Thailland but at least you could both chil with a few beers or a bottle of wine

thats very sad mate, cant you whip the mrs away for a cheap one say Tenerife for a week.just paid £12.99 going and £20 return on 30th of this month with Ryanair,think they just moved into tier 2 but its not a big deal,dosent replace getting over to Thailland but at least you could both chil with a few beers or a bottle of wine
thanks for your kind concern mate
my mrs is Thai
they need a visa for most countries on this earth
its difficult in normal times
let alone at the moment
cheers anyway fella.

Tenerife is level 4 I'm here at the moment. Masks worn everywhere even outside, though many ignoring that. Bars at reduced capacity and all shut at midnight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.