Covid and travel discussion

Not been on this thread for a while - just been 'getting on with life and not following Covid news so avidly - just hoping for a confirmation of something that I think is right......

There isn't a RED list anymore is there? - or more specifically Turkey is not on a RED list is it?. I ask because I am off there for a golfing break and do not want to be forced to quarantine on returning to the UK

A simple google search of 'Is Turkey on the RED list' brings back a lot of links saying that it is - but they are months old

Thanks in advance

Not been on this thread for a while - just been 'getting on with life and not following Covid news so avidly - just hoping for a confirmation of something that I think is right......

There isn't a RED list anymore is there? - or more specifically Turkey is not on a RED list is it?. I ask because I am off there for a golfing break and do not want to be forced to quarantine on returning to the UK

A simple google search of 'Is Turkey on the RED list' brings back a lot of links saying that it is - but they are months old

Thanks in advance

Off to Milan end of Feb for 4 days. £130 each, flights and decent hotel. Excited is an understatement.

Thanks for that video @bluethrunthru . Very informative.

Mrs Unicorn just booked flights Mcr to Malaga at the end of March; will do a train trip to Granada and Seville. We travel light and sometimes don't book hotels till we land, but I've been put off by the testing fuss so good job Mrs Unicorn said stuff it and took the plunge.

Thanks for that video @bluethrunthru . Very informative.

Mrs Unicorn just booked flights Mcr to Malaga at the end of March; will do a train trip to Granada and Seville. We travel light and sometimes don't book hotels till we land, but I've been put off by the testing fuss so good job Mrs Unicorn said stuff it and took the plunge.

No probs mate - I follow Lucy's channel - tbh sometimes it got me through some dark lockdown days just knowing somewhere sun sea and sand would eventually be there. Seems a lot of pissing about at the moment so I for one will sit back and wait. Hope you both enjoy and get great weather - we will all envy your tan.

Appreciate the reply, sounds like you had an amazing trip (at quite a unique time too with the conflict bubbling under).

The tour I've provisionally booked onto starts in Amman for a couple of nights, does Petra, Wadi Rum and finishes with a couple of nights at the Dead Sea (I'm probs gonna stay on a day or 2 longer at the end).

Something I've wanted to do for years and never got round to booking it so I was very pleased when I saw the deal departing end of Feb 2023 as knew I could do it then, great to have it finally pencilled in.
Just saw your post

I went to Jordan in 1996,long time ago now i know
travelled around independantly
arrived at Aqaba from Eygpt and returned that way after roughly one week in Jordan
Stayed in Amman and one night at/near Petra ,i forget the small towns name now

Petra is amazing,I remember even back then it was £20 i think to gain admission,if my
memory serves me right, that was a fortune at the time for me as a traveller on a shoestring.
I got around paying that by going in a tai from my cheap hotel with a few other travellers,the taxi drivers drove us
to the back of petra in the desert,and we walked back to the main area,and eventually out when we had finished our
day.

Amman was a great City too,but i have always liked Arab culture,their friendliness and generosity.
I love Morroco,Tunisia ,Eygpyt but i haven't been now for years.

I remember in 1996,Amman was rammed with Iraqi,Iranian refugees,but every where i went i was treated
well.Id love to go back one day for sure.

Edit

I always used lonely planets guides wherever i went,everyone as always been spot on apart from Mexico 1993.

Stopped buying them now as we only go to Thailand,and i buy one about every 10 years to update info etc,but i find them poor compared to years ago

Last edited:
In Madrid at the moment been here 5 days, most locals wearing masks outside and everywhere inside and on transport apart from that everything is good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.