COVID Data Thread

I just saw your other post - Gelsons Dad was a good poster. For what it is worth i think a condensed summary is what is needed now, think that is what people want to see. Also for your own mind i think that would be good! Hope no offence taken. Cant be that good for you to obsess over Covid numbers each and every day?

I said the same in the other thread as to why I wanted to reduce the output myself and wind back towards some normality and had started to do just that by not posting any of the tables or details for two or three days. Bar a post summarising the key NW and GM numbers.

This all kicked off again because on a Monday the England hospital data for three days is always produced at once. So that had to be summarised ahead of the normal one post I was intending to do and as I had the past couple of days summarising the key points of the other numbers.

I felt the hospital numbers over 3 days had to have a post to themselves as they are probably the most important set of numbers right now.

But truthfully doing this on Blue Moon has been a great distraction for me from the other stuff that drove me off Twitter amd other social media entirely as they can make Blue Moon look like a picnic. So it has helped npt hindered - though I can see why it might be presumed otherwise. And as I have said a few times I have set out to try to change that.

I might even get on a bus for the first time in 19 months tomorrow when I go for my booster jab as the trip is several miles. I would never have considered that a week or two ago. And even wearing a mask it will still be a challenge but maybe something I think I need to do.

Last edited:
ENGLAND HOSPITAL DEATHS

This needs a separate post today to explain what happened over the data crash yesterday.

They are not posting a number for yesterday just adding all the deaths from then onto the actual days and reporting them over the next few days as they trickle through as usual.

So todays number is in effect TWO days - the usual low Monday number plus the usual high catch up Tuesday one. So it looks scarier than it really is.

Though they do note that there will probably be some deaths ascribed to Monday that filter in over the next few days also. But again that happens anyway. So it should not be something too obvious.

So today there were 217 deaths reported versus 185 last Tuesday - but in reality that is V 210 if you add last Monday and Tuesday together - the closest match.

So up but not by as much as it seems if the media do not report this correctly.

The North West total today (as in plus yesterday too, of course) is 28 of that 217 - last week it was 24 of the 185 plus another 2 of the 25 from Monday. So 26 is the best comparison to todays number.

North West 28 today - NE & Yorkshire (55) & Midlands (47) are the highest.

Happy to add more data such as NW trust numbers and the ages split if anyone wants. Just ask.

But I do not want to overpost as promised.

Last edited:
Should really add though that 27 October is at 130 deaths in England hospitals already. By far the most of late. No higher number has been recorded in England hospitals - even with months of add ons - since 5 March.

Turning into one of those days. Scotland the latest to have an IT lab test issue with data flow since yesterday afternoon which means todays cases will be under reported. The very high positivity number suggests a problem too. As it is well up on recently. 13.5% V 10.8% yesterday for a near identical number of cases (2065 yesterday & 2010 today).

Hopefully nothing more until the 'one' (hah!) post for the day. Well, two normally, as I will do the three nations totals separate from England in detail as otherwise the England one would be too long

Though by all means let me know if I am overdoing things.

Happy to do as you request.

Will only post the hospital and England and NW/GM headlines in one now. No big posts and tables. Or Zoe. Just these basics.

Last edited:
THREE NATION DATA

NORTHERN IRELAND

2 deaths (was 4 last wk) - 1114 cases (was 1124 last wk) - 8087 weekly cases (was 8569 last wk) - 381 patients (up 55 in day - biggest jump in weeks - was 358 last wk) - 29 ventilated (was 23 last wk)

SCOTLAND

26 deaths (was 20 last wk) - 2010 cases (was 2262 last wk) - 932 patients (up 1 on day was 917 last wk) - 63 ventilated icu (down 5 on day was 59 last wk)

WALES

10 deaths (was 31 last wk but for 3 days not one as today) - 2210 cases (was 5288 for 3 days not one as today) - 686 psatients (was 632 last wk) - 68 ventilated (was 62 last wk)

Hopefully nothing more until the 'one' (hah!) post for the day. Well, two normally, as I will do the three nations totals separate from England in detail as otherwise the England one would be too long

Though by all means let me know if I am overdoing things.

Happy to do as you request.

Will only post the hospital and England and NW/GM headlines in one now. No big posts and tables. Or Zoe. Just these basics.
If anyone tells you you're overdoing things on this thread just tell them to fuck off. You'd have my support and I suspect most visitors to this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.