Covid vaccine uptake - poll

Will you take a Covid vaccine when it becomes available?

• Yes

Votes: 413 78.5%
  • No

Votes: 67 12.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 8.7%

• Total voters
Some of us "dont have time" to risk our health on something that has been rushed through and has no real life data about it's long term impact.

That's not selfish and cowardly its sensible.
The flu vaccine is new every year, they know what they are doing , red tape has been cut not safety

Well i am excited about the vaccines and soon to be here , it is our way out of this nightmare , i dont think we will ever go back to shaking hands and hugging people :( though

I have ME so my immune system is over stimulated anyway , wonder if that is why i have antibodies still, albeit it barely measurable , hope i get the vaccine early on
I never "hug" people really. Have to be pissed or have them be my nearest and dearest to do that ;-)
I find all the hugging that seemingly started about 20 odd years ago, to be a bit cringeworthy to be honest. Started with teenagers if I remember correctly.
Hope the handshake comes back though, it's rooted in "olden times" and I like traditions to continue

I never "hug" people really. Have to be pissed or have them be my nearest and dearest to do that ;-)
I find all the hugging that seemingly started about 20 odd years ago, to be a bit cringeworthy to be honest. Started with teenagers if I remember correctly.
Hope the handshake comes back though, it's rooted in "olden times" and I like traditions to continue
I am a mad hugger , as lots on here will testify , i am a touchy feely person , we were not brought up to be that way , i dont think i touched my dad till he was dying and my brothers tell me we got no affection as kids , i must be making up for that , one of my brothers is the same but the other is cold as stone

I am a mad hugger , as lots on here will testify , i am a touchy feely person , we were not brought up to be that way , i dont think i touched my dad till he was dying and my brothers tell me we got no affection as kids , i must be making up for that , one of my brothers is the same but the other is cold as stone
We were the same, although the love was always there. Didn't need the hugging bit really, although none of us are "cold." We always knew we were loved, and we are loving of each other. Just never needed the hugging bit.
We are all very comfortable in our own skin, whilst also leaning towards "insular "
Would hate it though if someone I didn't know tried to hug me :-(

Wow ....i am shocked 82 % will take this Jab.

In my opinion not enough testing has been done on this rushed out vaccine.

Zero is known about any long term auto-immune effects.

I will wait and see how the Guinea Pigs do long term before deciding on ever taking this vaccine.

I have done a lot of my own research in this area.

And have taken on board all the views,and opinions of some very eminent people in this area.

With a mortality rate of 1 in 300,000 i will take my chances for now.

I fully understand elderly people in high risk groups taking this vaccine.Younger healthy people,should think twice.

The vaccine could end up killing more people long term than the pandemic.I am not scare mongering,just pointing out that it is a real possibility.

Flu vaccines have been around for years,and tens of thousands globally still die of the Flu.

"Agenda 21"

Skip to Bill Gates.

Here, precisely is why ppl are concerned by those saying they are sceptical.
You say you have done your research: so where does the figure of a death rate of 1 in 300,000 come from? Is this the figure for UK or worldwide? Is it the death rate per population or per cases?
If that figure were correct, then if every single man woman and child in the UK contracted the virus, we would see just 200 deaths. We passed that number some time ago. From roughly 1.7m cases, we have seen 58,000 deaths.
Your research is bunkum.

An interesting question which I asked my rheumatologist about. Answer: we need to know more about the vaccine before we can answer that. I got the impression that he would not be too keen on my dropping methotrexate or hydroxichloroquine. Me neither, RA is a very painful and debilitating disease, which has multiple affects other than arthritis, as the rogue proteins attack many of your organs. E.g. it caused me to go deaf and have breathìng difficulties. Not a recommended condition!!
There's been a report been published today that a RA drug called Baricitinib (sold as Olumiant and Baricinix) is effective at blocking Corona and reduces mortality by 70%. The article I read interviewed a virologuist called Ali Mirazimi at Karolinska Institute.

Might be worth looking into.

We were the same, although the love was always there. Didn't need the hugging bit really, although none of us are "cold." We always knew we were loved, and we are loving of each other. Just never needed the hugging bit.
We are all very comfortable in our own skin, whilst also leaning towards "insular "
Would hate it though if someone I didn't know tried to hug me :-(
Hope we never meet then, ha. We had no love as kids , my mum couldnt ever tell me she loved me even as adults , my dad was an old dad in 61 , 18 yrs older than my mum ,colder than a dead body

Oh, deep Freudian territory, Kaz. A thread on its own: "Are you a hugger?"

Here, precisely is why ppl are concerned by those saying they are sceptical.
You say you have done your research: so where does the figure of a death rate of 1 in 300,000 come from? Is this the figure for UK or worldwide? Is it the death rate per population or per cases?
If that figure were correct, then if every single man woman and child in the UK contracted the virus, we would see just 200 deaths. We passed that number some time ago. From roughly 1.7m cases, we have seen 58,000 deaths.
Your research is bunkum.
You’re being very polite.

There's been a report been published today that a RA drug called Baricitinib (sold as Olumiant and Baricinix) is effective at blocking Corona and reduces mortality by 70%. The article I read interviewed a virologuist called Ali Mirazimi at Karolinska Institute.

Might be worth looking into.
Thanks for that. I'll ask my rheumatologist about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.