Craig Bellamy £10m

staffs_blue

Craig Bellamy £10m

Craig Bellamy is on his way to Manchester City – after boss Mark Hughes made a new £10million-plus bid to see off Tottenham.

The Welsh ace, 29, should be reunited with his old Wales and Blackburn Rovers manager over the weekend as West Ham prepare to accept the new offer.

City’s bid includes cash up front plus extra money in bonuses and the Hammers seem sure to sell him and then keep hold of as many of their other players as possible.

Hughes has been backed to buy Bellamy by his club’s money men, but they have yet to increase their offers for team-mates Scott Parker and Matthew Upson, while moves for Kolo Toure and Roque Santa Cruz are uncertain.

Bellamy’s way to Manchester was cleared as City finally made a bid for him alone – and put in a valuation better than Harry Redknapp’s Spurs, who were still in the hunt despite signing Jermain Defoe.

Hammers will let the striker know their decision today but it looks likely that he is going to team up with Hughes again – and gives the club’s coffers a badly-needed boost.

However West Ham’s strategy is to keep Parker and Upson and sell just one of their so-called superstars, making the books balance by letting other fringe men go.

Re: Craig Bellamy £10m

This is from the Mirror.

prob bull but who knows.Hughes obviously wants him,and all though he is a cnut of a bloke,he is a damn site better than Benjani,Vassell,Jo and Evans so I hope we do sign him.Got bags of pace to which we lack up front.

We have a squad that lacks aggression. I've never liked this guy or thought he was consistent enough but Hughes has managed him twice so he knows what he's getting.

He might turn out to be what we need in this next half season but he has not signed yet...

Just hope he doesn't upset the apple cart. Hughes Knows him so he Knows what he will be like in the dressing room. Everyone Knows we will have to pay over odds in January to get players in. It has to be worth it for the clubs to sell, they are fighting against relagation as well. If it is too much that is for Hughes/Cooke to decide. We need 5 more players and need to start getting them

OB1 said:
We have a squad that lacks aggression. I've never liked this guy or thought he was consistent enough but Hughes has managed him twice so he knows what he's getting.

He might turn out to be what we need in this next half season but he has not signed yet...

I totally agree with your comments OB1 - what we need in our current situation is some fight and he can certainly provide that. Yes he has had injury problems but so had Kompany before we signed him and he has done ok. We have to trust our medical staff to assess the player properly.

At present we are stuck with strikers lacking quality and I dont see a lot of other options. I think RSC and Bellamy would certainly be a strong enough pairing to move us away from the position we currently find ourselves in. Then when we get to the summer that will provide us with a better opportunity to bring in the players who can take us to that next level.

baldybouncer said:
kinkyssweatysock said:
I HAVE SEEN 14M THIS MORNING THATS WAY TOO MUCH ITS A FUCKING JOKE!

... and £10 million isn't!! Time to get my Bellamy doll out and work the needles round the cruciate ligament area me thinks!!

It seems many people on here feel similarly.
And, with the greatest respect folks, that's just us ordinary plebs.
Just think what the board and owners must be thinking.
Even allowing for the Tony Blair like zeal that the eccentric cook gives off, they must be scratching their heads wondering what the f*** is going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.