Cranes cranes everywhere.

Looks good what they are doing down that end of town, how many towers are going up on there at the moment on the Deansgate square site? They have topped out one and still going on the larger one but i can see another one starting to come out of the ground when I go past on the tram.

Total of 4 towers - 66, 46, 39 and 52 floors. The tallest one is at 62 - 4 floors to go. The one closest Deansgate is topped out and the other two towers are at floors 4 and 9. Will have a big impact on that end of town.

I think and hope he is wrong mate - demand still seems to be very high and showing no signs of slowing. I have been involved in studies about the number of units needed and it is all supported by the amount of students who stay in Manchester after university and the population growth. I don't think we have anywhere near enough good quality accommodation in the City Centre and wont for another few years. Time will tell though - no one knows for certain.

This was March when we were talking. He was very downbeat about the market at the time.

In terms of rental properties he was saying they’d usually go the day they went on, but were now sitting empty for months at a time.

This was March when we were talking. He was very downbeat about the market at the time.

In terms of rental properties he was saying they’d usually go the day they went on, but were now sitting empty for months at a time.

There is a glut of new stock coming on like so would expect to see a softening but generally more people moving to Manchester year on year and there is a lot of good job opportunities now.

I have been building flats in Manchester since 2003 and everyone has been saying to me almost weekly since then “how many more flats do we need and it has to stop soon’. 15 years later and still at it.

Last time I saw this much building work it was also seen as a ''sure sign of prosperity and confidence''... that was from about 2001 to 2007, can't quite remember what happened next...

You struggle with Manchester don't you mate? I could not imagine living anywhere else permanently. I love every inch of the City centre - think it is fabulous and just the right size of a City. I love the fact I can be in the lakes in an hour and wales just over and have City and all the great North West football teams. So much to do here. And if I want a bit of London - I can be there in 2 and a half hours.

Remember I’m not a Manc. I’m from Wales and the rest of the family are Cockneys.

The place can be brutal. I was an outcast as a well spoken student with long hair and would get dogs abuse. Some people were just plain shit. This was circa 2000 where it was scally central.

My last spell was 18 months from 2016 and I just couldn’t get it going professionally. I had some wonderful friends but I can’t see myself there again. It’s me and not you.

Remember I’m not a Manc. I’m from Wales and the rest of the family are Cockneys.

The place can be brutal. I was an outcast as a well spoken student with long hair and would get dogs abuse. Some people were just plain shit. This was circa 2000 where it was scally central.

My last spell was 18 months from 2016 and I just couldn’t get it going professionally. I had some wonderful friends but I can’t see myself there again. It’s me and not you.

Just enjoy it when you come up and see city then mate. Would be happy to meet you for a pint or two when you up.

I haven’t attended since United stopped us winning the league. Might stay over for Newcastle. Will let you know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.