Crazy Guy on Bike off on his travels again.

This blog has kept me busy in work for the past 2 days. Only into Bolivia at the minute!

Really good read and such a good adventure. I went to the north of Chile, around Putre and up to the Bolivian border last year and the heights around there were mental - Doing it on a bike is crazy! Well done for that. I'm looking forward to continuing the adventure today while stuck in the office.

wayne71 said:
Fantastic blog mate. I've got as far as your WA adventure. Had to laugh at the pic of the Rochdale Road sign in Perth, I live just around the from there!

Hey Wayne, WA was really good to me. I met some great people, earned a bit of money in Port Hedland and working in the Pilbara with the Abo's was fantastic. Perth is a great place to live, the beaches are some of the best in the world.

Thanks for your kind words.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:28 am --<br /><br />
Shirley said:
You have a fantastic spirit of adventure, long may it continue.

The travel bug hit me at a young age!!! I blame the parents!!!!!

shootmeifipost10k said:
Love the blog Phil, I started reading at the start of south america and keep checking on your progress each week.
The pictures of all you see as you go past are great, I've done a few my words after seeing the little hills you've gone up and your protests gave me a chuckle.
I did get a little worried after the ones singing in the tent though.I thought yeah he's lost it.
Hope you pass a moses telephone sign soon and best of luck.

Singing in the tent to keep warm in Peru. Bloody cold at 5000m!!! Them hills in Ecuador are steep, not helped by the fact that the gear shifter had bust, so I couldn't get into the granny gear properly. Ive just climbed another bugger of a hill today in Guatemala, I surprise myself sometimes!!

Thanks for following the blog and the great feed back, much appreciated. Respect to you. Phil

BatleyBlue said:
This blog has kept me busy in work for the past 2 days. Only into Bolivia at the minute!

Really good read and such a good adventure. I went to the north of Chile, around Putre and up to the Bolivian border last year and the heights around there were mental - Doing it on a bike is crazy! Well done for that. I'm looking forward to continuing the adventure today while stuck in the office.

Hey Batley, thanks for following my progress. Keeping the blog updated is a mission in its own right!!! Your right about Bolivia, some big climbs in that part of the world, cold at night as you would expect from the altitude. I don't know how I do it sometimes, I really don't!! I have some big climbs coming up over the next few months!!!!
Anyway, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

Phil

Just catching up on the CWS blog and can't believe Phil has stopped his travels and set up home in Queretaro! I spent many afternoons sat at my desk pretending to work whilst reading of his latest adventures. I'm going to miss the blog. If you still come on here Phil, good luck in whatever you do over there.

Just spoke to Bugsy and after watching the derby, he's back in the saddle USA bound. Just to look up an old rag mate.

Danny Hoekman said:
Just catching up on the CWS blog and can't believe Phil has stopped his travels and set up home in Queretaro! I spent many afternoons sat at my desk pretending to work whilst reading of his latest adventures. I'm going to miss the blog. If you still come on here Phil, good luck in whatever you do over there.

Hola Dan

Queretaro is dead and buried. Im heading to San Fransico to see some old mates then see what happens. If I dont like San Fran im thinking Africa then back to Europe. Currently i just want to settle down for a bit so that i can appreciate what i like to do. South and Central America has been tough in many ways. I dont think i will go back to Latin America. Thanks for following my progress

Phil

-- Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:48 am --

McfcCassy said:
Just spoke to Bugsy and after watching the derby, he's back in the saddle USA bound. Just to look up an old rag mate.

Hey MCFC Cassy.

Good speaking today, have a good day tomorrow, catch up soon

Phil

phil31 said:
Danny Hoekman said:

Hola Dan

Queretaro is dead and buried. Im heading to San Fransico to see some old mates then see what happens. If I dont like San Fran im thinking Africa then back to Europe. Currently i just want to settle down for a bit so that i can appreciate what i like to do. South and Central America has been tough in many ways. I dont think i will go back to Latin America. Thanks for following my progress

Phil

McfcCassy said:

Hey MCFC Cassy.

Phil

Morning Phil, I admire you and jealous of you in equal measure. Your sense of adventure astounds me. Keep it up:)

de niro said:
phil31 said:
Danny Hoekman said:

Hola Dan

Phil

McfcCassy said:

Hey MCFC Cassy.

Phil

Morning Phil, I admire you and jealous of you in equal measure. Your sense of adventure astounds me. Keep it up:)

Hola de niro

Hope you are well and enjoying the city adventure. As much as Manchester can be grey and cold, i miss its sense of humour and working class grit, plus my mates. Lets beat the rags today!!

Serious question, how do you fund these mega bike rides as I am 40 years of age going through a bit of a mid life crisis and would love to feck off on my bike around the globe.

PS, do you carry weapons when needs must, if so I'm all in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.