Crazy Managerial Appointments

Brian Laws at Burnley springs to mind. He managed two sides in one season and they both ended up going down.<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:38 pm --<br /><br />Actually, swap Houllier for Laws. Villa finished top half under Gerard and his heart problems aren't his fault.

peoffrey said:
Brian Laws at Burnley springs to mind. He managed two sides in one season and they both ended up going down.

-- Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:38 pm --

Actually, swap Houllier for Laws. Villa finished top half under Gerard and his heart problems aren't his fault.

i know but i'm talking about when they are appointed and you instantly wonder what the fuck goes on in the heads of football chaimen.

citykev28 said:
i know but i'm talking about when they are appointed and you instantly wonder what the fuck goes on in the heads of football chaimen.

Brian Laws at Burnley surely deserves to be in there? I belly laughed when I read he'd come in to replace an ambitious Owen Coyle. I know sometimes a Club has to go with who is available and what they can afford but SOMEONE better must have been around.

Houllier won trophies at Liverpool. O'Neill did not at Villa.

Good read that Kev. I'd like to add Steve Coppell at City, he was never going to be accepted, my mate Faggy who you met at Blackburn started the "Coppell out" campaign during his first game. How about Steve Mcclaren as England manager?

peoffrey said:
citykev28 said:

Brian Laws at Burnley surely deserves to be in there? I belly laughed when I read he'd come in to replace an ambitious Owen Coyle. I know sometimes a Club has to go with who is available and what they can afford but SOMEONE better must have been around.

Houllier won trophies at Liverpool. O'Neill did not at Villa.

well i thought it was madness. if i'd stretched to 11, i'd have had brian laws. are you happy now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.