Creative Midfielder

quick question here

do you think that we should get rid of elano and get someone more relaible and consistent?

i think we should keep him on his day his passing is spot on and carnt fault him one bit but when he plays SHITE hes really does play shite but if he could play like he played against hamburg week in week out my opinion he would be one of the best midfielders if not the best in the PL

superman_mcfc said:
quick question here

do you think that we should get rid of elano and get someone more relaible and consistent?

i think we should keep him on his day his passing is spot on and carnt fault him one bit but when he plays SHITE hes really does play shite but if he could play like he played against hamburg week in week out my opinion he would be one of the best midfielders if not the best in the PL
I don't think we'd stand in his way if he wanted to go, or turn down a sensible offer either, but I do think that now he can see the quality of players we have in depth he might get the bit between his teeth and push really hard for a starting place. He's impressive regularly for Brazil and had two very unsettled seasons here (form, managers, teammates) but if he wants it, its there for him to push on for. Ireland is immense, but I'd like to think Elano is capable of pushing him for that role. Up to him to do it.

Blumers Bloomers said:
I really think if Elano started this season (fat chance I know), his game would automatically be better as there would be less pressure for him to get involved defensively as the "tacklers" would be Barry and DeJong............thats assuming they both start of course.

I dont think Arteta/Kranjcar are any better than Elano (on his day of course), I really hope he stays and makes an impact this season.............with class players around him he'll look the part himself

big fan of kranjkar , and is more consistent than elano i think.
has he been struggling with injuries though recently?
not too sure about arteta purely on the fact iv not seen much of him, but when i have i wouldnt say iv noticed him that much.
i do think we will get another midfielder though, and im sure they will be decent

KINKY99907 said:
well he certainly proves that when playing for brazil he is awesome and suprised that there hasnt been a lot more interest being shown in him he is undoubtebly a excellent footballer(elano)

Would have thought an Italian club would come in for him.

Since Riquelme does not play for Argentina, they had big problems with smaller teams. I wonder if he is on friendly terms with Tevez...

ocimpean said:
Since Riquelme does not play for Argentina, they had big problems with smaller teams. I wonder if he is on friendly terms with Tevez...

Riquelme is one of my favourite players at the moment and has been for some years. He seems to have so much more time on the ball than anyone else due to his superb first touch. He's also a gifted passer of the ball and has a great eye for goal. Unfortunately he's getting on a bit and he has no pace. I think he'd be another Veron in the Premiership and I'd hate to see someone I admire so much come here and fail as I'm sure he would. :(

Blue in exile said:
Diego1983 said:
we have bridge and Lescott (if he comes) would be cover. why do people on here suddenly dont have any faith in a player that we only sioned in jan, he will come good this season

Agreed. If we get Lescott he is primarily being brought in to play centre-back IMO. I think Bridge will start with Garrido the back up. I think we're looking for 2 center-backs to have Onouha, Kompany and two others to make four challenging for two spots. If/when the second arrives, that will trigger Dunne's transfer.

garrido's a nightmare left back mate . good in left mid tho. get another left back as back up . a decnt one . even if we get lescott .

azatheblue said:
Blue in exile said:
Agreed. If we get Lescott he is primarily being brought in to play centre-back IMO. I think Bridge will start with Garrido the back up. I think we're looking for 2 center-backs to have Onouha, Kompany and two others to make four challenging for two spots. If/when the second arrives, that will trigger Dunne's transfer.

garrido's a nightmare left back mate . good in left mid tho. get another left back as back up . a decnt one . even if we get lescott .

I don't think Lescott is appropriate for left back. He is clumsy with the ball at his feet and not built for the left back. He is a central defender, which is what he sees himself as too. The only real backup for Bridge is Barry, so we need someone to give Bridge some real competition. Perhaps Sakho from PSG will give Bridge the necessary competition. A tough defender, with great work rate and aggression like Sakho could be what we need at left back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.