Cricket Thread

It's seems they've gone balls deep in the hundred to even consider promoting and improving the 50 over game.
Yep, they’ve got the rights to it, so make more money than licensing T20.

Cricket is rapidly changing. Most kids train for T20 as that’s where the money is. Building an innings is irrelevant to most.

When it was played at school in the evening it was always 20 overs 40 years ago, long before T20 was invented.

People bemoan 50 over cricket being on the slide but don't bother watching it, so the "England Fan" types can't complain. People voted with their feet, busy lives, no interest, too long.

When it was played at school in the evening it was always 20 overs 40 years ago, long before T20 was invented.

People bemoan 50 over cricket being on the slide but don't bother watching it, so the "England Fan" types can't complain. People voted with their feet, busy lives, no interest, too long.

I think I'd be happy for ODIs to just be the World Cup and the Champions Trophy.

I liked the idea of only the best sides being at this World Cup. As I thought it'd mean loads of close matches but that hasn't been the case unfortunately.

So I'd like to see the Champions Trophy be that 'quality' tournament and then the World Cup opened up to a lot more teams like in some previous editions. I'd like to see a minimum of two games a day in the group stages as well.

I think I'd be happy for ODIs to just be the World Cup and the Champions Trophy.

I liked the idea of only the best sides being at this World Cup. As I thought it'd mean loads of close matches but that hasn't been the case unfortunately.

So I'd like to see the Champions Trophy be that 'quality' tournament and then the World Cup opened up to a lot more teams like in some previous editions. I'd like to see a minimum of two games a day in the group stages as well.
The 14th best team qualified for the World cup, if they went with the top ten from the Super series of 20+ games it would have been the Windies and the other 9 not Ned. However if it hadn't been Ned it would have been Scotland, and if they handn't got a great win possibly Ireland. Windies had a howler in the qualifier for the last 2 births.

Afghan gave a good show, 5th in SS and then 6th in the table, Bangaldesh underperformed on recent form, along with England, and Sri Lanka were about par for them these days as well as Pak.

OK let's have it

ENGLAND, 7th in the ODI World Cup 2023

Bear Sitting in a Chair | Gifrific

ENGLAND

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.