******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what that Var umpire or whatever you call him was doing, because that wasn't a catch by Root, the ball bounced. So for that reason I'm now hoping this test is s draw.
Only Root would know for sure if he caught it or not. The front on view doesn't look too clever, but then the side on view does look like he might have got his fingers under it. I would hope that Root would be honest enough not to claim a catch that wasn't one. Maybe naive on my part, I know.

I'm not a big cricket fan, but I know when the ball touches the ground it's not a catch, this ball bounced into his hands.
You’re absolutely 100% wrong.

Front on is rarely used as a long lens camera “foreshortens” the view. That’s why they use the side on.

Botham always does a piece to camera every summer holding the ball in his hands with his hands on the grass. When viewed from a camera in the stands, you would swear the ball was on the grass rather than his fingers.

If you don’t watch a lot of cricket, I can understand your view, but it’s not entirely correct, hence the very experienced video umpire giving it out from the side view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.