******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st thing
i said about 2 years ago get a full time spinner in the team and drop moeen ali because the team can not trust moeen with his lines to set plans, clearly the team is better with a spinner who can bowl to a field and plans set by the captain so tic off the spinners

2nd
we needed a out and out fast bowler even in england we been crying out for years for somebody to blow the better batters out of the water and ruff them up with chip music so we can now cross that of the list

3rd
we need a captain that knows what he is doing ?? and clearly yesterday board took over the bowling tac-tics and set the fields for archer and woakes ??? if root is captain then i don't see any ideas coming when we need it, 2 things yesterday and one of them is england could/should have won if we had a better captain, and archer swapping ends after broad was shot and when on a 5th day wicket and 2nd inns with pitch marks you bowl spin at one end and fast at the other. but root bowled archer far to long and they got use to it

any good captain would know that simple rule and 4 or 5 overs at best from archer and rest for a hour or so and go again ?? mix it up with swing and flat out speed at one end and spin at the other so poor again from root, but there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel and the 2 major problems have been fixed and showing signs of promise but the role of captain needs to be address and should we change with somebody already in the team or bring in somebody that knows the role

Yep Roots a shit captain is he taking direction from the dressing pre game and sticking to those rules and doesnt do change things with instinct or intelligence?! Vaughn was our best captain Ive seen. Think Broad or Buttler has it them to be better than Root.

Yep Roots a shit captain is he taking direction from the dressing pre game and sticking to those rules and doesnt do change things with instinct or intelligence?! Vaughn was our best captain Ive seen. Think Broad or Buttler has it them to be better than Root.

yep root is not a captain and does not have the knowledge or the power to put his idea's across, even his place in the team should be reviewed because he is in a bad run, for me a simple player swap with eoin morgan for butler, i know the one day stuff is going to crop up but he is a very good captain and knows his onions in the field and also can bat very well

yep root is not a captain and does not have the knowledge or the power to put his idea's across, even his place in the team should be reviewed because he is in a bad run, for me a simple player swap with eoin morgan for butler, i know the one day stuff is going to crop up but he is a very good captain and knows his onions in the field and also can bat very well

He said the other day he's not sure about continuing as short form captain so doubt he'd up for putting himself through test cricket as skipper

B
Broad has been very good this series but I would only pick him in England so he can't really be captain. Butter would be the first to get the boot out of the test team from that middle order for me.

Smith ruled out for Headingley! Now then , got to win this one boys , favourable weather forecast.

Would honestly rather have seen Smith in. I want us to beat their best team. It can be done. Just as I'd always want us to beat the dippers with Salah and Mané.
And the Archer/Smith tussle makes for riveting cricket. Say it's the sadist in me, but I want to see Smith well and properly rattled by the end of this series. Of course, I wish him no serious, permanent damage, nor would I wish that on any cricketer.

Shame Smith is out. He is a great batsmen and turned the first test from an almost certain loss into victory and again in this one, a likely loss into a draw with his first innings knock.

I think England will win the next test easily with him out and am lumping on it at 4/6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.