******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good day for England.

It’s a shame that our run-rate must have been significantly lower than 2 an over in the last 90 minutes of the day. Hazlewood and Lyon were very disciplined.

Big first hour tomorrow, get through that unscathed and we have a chance.

It will probably take a big hundred from Root though to stand a realistic chance of winning..

Big first hour tomorrow, get through that unscathed and we have a chance.

It will probably take a big hundred from Root though to stand a realistic chance of winning..

Nope watched enough cricket its getting to the last half hour with at least 3 wickets remaining to have a chance but at least that chance be a win. Betting odds is a joke this is about a 1/1000 chance at best.

The ECB absolutely needs to refocus on test cricket but I think you’ve got it wrong in terms of what the players are being asked to do (or, what they are playing, at least). They are playing their own style which is more suited to 50 over cricket. None of them seem capable of leaving the ball when it’s missing off for example and go searching for it, which is a product of the limited over behaviour of chasing runs. They’re also trying to go after bowlers way too early.

they are being asked to bat and stay in for hours and that's the mind set of test cricket not ODI cricket, why not give them a chance to do what they do best and score quick runs and if they get out then you turn to plan B, like i said once a big hitter batter gets in and starts swinging the bat the fielding team drop everybody back to the rope and take the slips out, and it gives you a better chance of nicking it and finding the gaps

look its not really any sort of plans you can build a test side on and you will find it hard with a make up of ODI cricketers, but 1 or 2 in the team can work if you have plans in place and work out if it does not to go back to plan B and bring in somebody that can play test cricket

its a late fight today and root is fighting for his life and the captains job sadly ?? i feel its to late to save both the ashes and his job as captain have gone and new faces have to come in for the rest of the ashes and it will be enough is enough when we lose and somebody has to take the blame and the ECB will not be the ones taking any

Some good gallows humour going on on TMS. In a weird kind of way, I'm quite enjoying this.
Something I discovered on sniffing around in stats just now. Australia have never whitewashed England 5-0 in England in recent history (I didn't go back to pre-Second World War, so maybe…) I confess I was quite surprised. I was convinced that that hugely dominant, and brilliant, team of the 90s and noughties had done it several times.
They used to ease off once the ashes were secured. Party time

Nope watched enough cricket its getting to the last half hour with at least 3 wickets remaining to have a chance but at least that chance be a win. Betting odds is a joke this is about a 1/1000 chance at best.
1/1000 in betting is fairly certain it will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.