******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big first hour tomorrow, get through that unscathed and we have a chance.

It will probably take a big hundred from Root though to stand a realistic chance of winning..
I can’t see anything other than being 170-6 by 12pm tomorrow. One wicket and the lot will go.

It's the hope that does for you really, isn't it? Turn on the telly in the morning, thinking..."there might just be a chance here, you know". Next thing, 4 wickets have gone down before you've finished your sunday morning fry up.

I think the new ball will play a part tomorrow.

Why couldn’t they play with that level of patience in the first innings?

spot on

the new ball is key and if they can take a couple of early wickets the rest will fold sadly ?? the only saving grace is when we lose something has to be done this time by the ECB and changes and many of them and rip up the old plans and sack coaches and players and start again ?? root roy butler have to go ?? how can you defend them even after today batting by root its to little to late and the mess we are in was made by root in the 3 other test, we had very big chances in all 3 test but poor captaining by root let them of the hook and they turned it very quickly to a point we lost a couple of test matches when we had them down to something under 150 and 8 wicket back in the shed and lost badly

that says the captain is not good at what he is doing and the control and big swings in games are by him and his choices in the field and bowling options ?? also the gamble of jimmy anderson in the first test was the first and biggest mistakes he made, that was down to root and not big enough for his boot to say NO ?? why did england not gamble on anderson in the ireland game and they would have seen he was not ready ???

for the next test in a weeks time in want big changes and archer the main man and broad and spinner leach the only people keeping their places in the bowling attack curran must come in and for the batting line god knows give the young lads a chance ?? pope must be nailed on to play but who else then i really don't care but its got to be new blood

Possibly But another day of hot sunny weather, and a solid start would give us an outside chance.

If one of the current pair departs early, I suspect we’ll be all out before lunch.

I would love to be proven wrong but I don’t see Bairstow and Buttler making scores of substance against Australia’s attack in tricky conditions.

I doubt a side has ever won a test match after being bowled out for under 70 in their first innings.

In all probability, our chance to regain the Ashes ended after yesterday’s horror show.

If one of the current pair departs early, I suspect we’ll be all out before lunch.

I would love to be proven wrong but I don’t see Bairstow and Buttler making scores of substance against Australia’s attack in tricky conditions.

I doubt a side has ever won a test match after being bowled out for under 70 in their first innings.

In all probability, our chance to regain the Ashes ended after yesterday’s horror show.

They are favourite's but we have a chance if Root and Stokes can see out the first hour.

After the bad start aus have taken 1 wicket in 65 overs, conditions aren't that bad and it should be good for batting tomorrow. Lyon will be the danger man with it turning.

Winviz gives us a 28% chance of winning which I dont really agree with but if we can get past the new ball with only losing a wicket or 2 then we certainly have a chance. Better than yesterday anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.