******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing but better than it going on day 1 of the 4th test. The two teams are finely balanced (in terms of being as bad as each other) and England need everyone at full strength. Sad that he won't get chance to play one final time against the Aussies at OT, I'm sure he will be very frustrated.

Bad news, but like you say better now than in the test.

sadly its the end of jimmy at test cricket and ODI for england he will come out in the next test match at old trafford and wave goodbye and say thank you that's all folks

but boy what a record he holds and give his all for so long and always stood up and did the interviews even if we was bad ?? he took all the shit from the BTsport team in the last ashes down under and Mr cool when easy could have blown his top when all the blame was coming his way, best swing bowler ever and he took it to the next levels

sadly its the end of jimmy at test cricket and ODI for england he will come out in the next test match at old trafford and wave goodbye and say thank you that's all folks

but boy what a record he holds and give his all for so long and always stood up and did the interviews even if we was bad ?? he took all the shit from the BTsport team in the last ashes down under and Mr cool when easy could have blown his top when all the blame was coming his way, best swing bowler ever and he took it to the next levels

The only way he's quitting is if he can't recover from the calf injury. He's still plenty good enough to go for another year or two.

Craig Overton?!

I haven’t seen him bowl recently but he didn’t seem like anything special when he made his debut a few years ago.

is it him or his twin brother ??? Craig Overton is not ripping up tree and and one of the curran's would have been my choice

The only way he's quitting is if he can't recover from the calf injury. He's still plenty good enough to go for another year or two.

Nope ITS done for jimmy and am 100% he will come out in the old trafford test and say so ?? i truly believe he was giving up international cricket after this ashes anyway and this as just added to the retirement, maybe 1 or 2 years at county cricket for his home team but going on tour with england this winter NOPE, england have to move on as well and look to the future and with archer broad woakes stokes and leach will be the hard core for the next 2 years

He's kept himself wonderfully fit throughout his career, I do hope he can go on for another two seasons. I think they'll rest him for NZ if he continues and even South Africa might be too soon. Got to remember his avg has been lower these last two seasons than at any other time of his career - remarkable. 6 tests next summer against WI & Pakistan so there's wickets to be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.