******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's kept himself wonderfully fit throughout his career, I do hope he can go on for another two seasons. I think they'll rest him for NZ if he continues and even South Africa might be too soon. Got to remember his avg has been lower these last two seasons than at any other time of his career - remarkable. 6 tests next summer against WI & Pakistan so there's wickets to be had.

but the thing is planning for the future tours and it starts from this winters, jimmy should do the right thing and step down before they drop him, lets somebody else have ago, he got nothing to prove to anyone, and his record at test cricket is the best for a fast bowler and only the best spinners have the edge on him, the rebuild for the future is a must and the ashes down under in less then 2 years time so, archer broad woakes stokes and another 2 or 3 bowlers from the up and coming like curran or wood must all come before jimmy

Nope ITS done for jimmy and am 100% he will come out in the old trafford test and say so ?? i truly believe he was giving up international cricket after this ashes anyway and this as just added to the retirement, maybe 1 or 2 years at county cricket for his home team but going on tour with england this winter NOPE, england have to move on as well and look to the future and with archer broad woakes stokes and leach will be the hard core for the next 2 years

Think you're being a bit presumptuous here, he's still our best bowler and he's been relatively fit for a fast bowler. I don't see any reason why he'll want his last test match to be one that lasted 4 overs and ended in defeat - he'll go out on his own terms.

but the thing is planning for the future tours and it starts from this winters, jimmy should do the right thing and step down before they drop him, lets somebody else have ago, he got nothing to prove to anyone, and his record at test cricket is the best for a fast bowler and only the best spinners have the edge on him, the rebuild for the future is a must and the ashes down under in less then 2 years time so, archer broad woakes stokes and another 2 or 3 bowlers from the up and coming like curran or wood must all come before jimmy
I think England have had a problem for a while with Broad & Anderson together overseas but on home soil, if Jimmy wants to continue, I see no issue. Overseas I'd only pick one of them at a time. The younger players need experience on foreign pitches so would be happy if he missed the winter tours or alternated with Broad over the tests.

Roy should not be playing ......just crazy you keep playing a batsman so unable to play test cricket technically ........ just bowl it outside off and put 5 slips and 2 gulley's in place

Every opener in England has looked like a lemon the past few years, including Cook and other international players. He has to bat down the order but I wouldn't be too rash taking him out, players of his skill and mental strength don't grow on trees. they're going to have to be patient with him but he will come good, just like he did in the odi's.

Think you're being a bit presumptuous here, he's still our best bowler and he's been relatively fit for a fast bowler. I don't see any reason why he'll want his last test match to be one that lasted 4 overs and ended in defeat - he'll go out on his own terms.

nobody will remember that ?? just the great bowling and the records he made, and the ashes in his own back yard (england) was his and was unplayable, did he lose the ashes on home soil ?? go out at the top and let the fans remember you as this legend (The King of Swing), and not somebody who is half as good and plodding around at the age of 37/38

jimmy will not play in a home ashes again, so even if he can make the ashes down under in 18 months time in 2021 his record down there is poor to the home ashes so again why have him around, england need to change there style overseas, and bring a better style and archer and somebody else need to take the new ball with pace to bounce the people out then maybe broad and woakes take 1st change then stokes and leach 2nd, so the future does not have room for jimmy unless the ECB are daft ?? jimmy has to stand down this summer so he can give something back to lanc's and play county cricket and 20/20 and ODI for 2 or 3 years because they put him on the map and deserve the playing time from jimmy, also he would bring in the fans and how good would it be seeing jimmy ripping up county cricket and bring in some silverware to lanc's

nobody will remember that ?? just the great bowling and the records he made, and the ashes in his own back yard (england) was his and was unplayable, did he lose the ashes on home soil ?? go out at the top and let the fans remember you as this legend (The King of Swing), and not somebody who is half as good and plodding around at the age of 37/38

jimmy will not play in a home ashes again, so even if he can make the ashes down under in 18 months time in 2021 his record down there is poor to the home ashes so again why have him around, england need to change there style overseas, and bring a better style and archer and somebody else need to take the new ball with pace to bounce the people out then maybe broad and woakes take 1st change then stokes and leach 2nd, so the future does not have room for jimmy unless the ECB are daft ?? jimmy has to stand down this summer so he can give something back to lanc's and play county cricket and 20/20 and ODI for 2 or 3 years because they put him on the map and deserve the playing time from jimmy, also he would bring in the fans and how good would it be seeing jimmy ripping up county cricket and bring in some silverware to lanc's

You're talking like he's already plodding in and is only in the team because of his reputation. He's not, he's still our best bowler. Of course England have to manage the situation and look to the future but if Jimmy wants to continue he will, not on past but form. Next summer we play the Windies and pakistan at home, two teams that struggle against his sideways movement. A 3/4 month break now could prolong his career further.

TMS have said that Roy is likely to bat 4 and Denly open in the next test. Good decision.

Anyone got tickets and going next week? Feeling the Oval test will be a draw, so next week at OT is the crunch. Pity Jimmy is out and I wish we could nationalise Lyon for a week.

Lancashire top their group in the T20 Blast and their reward is a home tie against Essex at the Emirates Riverside.

How many spectators are they expecting for that game, ridiculous for both sets of fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.