******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem if you meant the Warne era mate. I still don't think they are all that though, they have lost 3 of their last 4 series before the ashes, the only win was against a poor SL team at home. I know Smith was banned but they took some right hammering's away to SA and Pakistan, lost by over 350 runs 3 times in 5 tests and One of those by almost 500 runs, plus a 6 wicket loss, and were beaten at home by India.
No probs mate. You might be right about the attack but Cummins speaks for himself as does Lyon with his record and Hazlewood is absolutely made for our conditions isn't he. Really miffed with it all tbh mainly because there doesn't appear to be much light at the end of the tunnel! I've just looked at the first class averages and it doesn't make good reading. The likes of Ballance leading the way.

Cummins and Smith are the only players who’d get into the Australian side in 2005.

Hazelwood is a quality bowler but I’d rather have Lee in my team.

No probs mate. You might be right about the attack but Cummins speaks for himself as does Lyon with his record and Hazlewood is absolutely made for our conditions isn't he. Really miffed with it all tbh mainly because there doesn't appear to be much light at the end of the tunnel! I've just looked at the first class averages and it doesn't make good reading. The likes of Ballance leading the way.

The thing is we don't get to see county cricket on any sort of regular basis, so we have very little to go on, the only time we really see these players is in One dayers. I really share your frustration because we've made a right pigs ear of it.

Cummins and Smith are the only players who’d get into the Australian side in 2005.

Hazelwood is a quality bowler but I’d rather have Lee in my team.

Cummins would have bench-warmed for Lee in competition with Tait, Hazlewood would have replaced Gillespie mid-way through as he's an English wicket bowler.

I would struggle to put many current England players in the 05 team on this year's form, maybe Stokes at 5 but with KP and Freddie already in it would have been a big choice and Buttler would replace Jones. That 4 man seam attack was too good even for Jimmy so none of the others would get in.

My memory sucks. Was Katich their number 6?

If so, I’d go for:

1.Hayden
2.Langer
3.Ponting
4.Smith
5.Martyn
6.Clarke
7.Gilchrist
8.Warne
9.Cummins
10.Lee
11.McGrath

Yes, Katich batted 6 and Martyn 4. I remember Katich having a pretty good series though, saying that Martyn had an excellent test record.

Credit to how Australia prepared for this. Resting Hazelwood in the world cup and their prep with the Dukes ball were great decisions. At least one county took it seriously.

This was a really great test match, and it was really won by one man.

I thought for much of the match we played very well, just on today, we probably deserved the draw, but Smith was the difference really, also it has to be said that during our second innings, the australian fast bowling was exceptional, the accuracy at bowling at the top of off stop stump was something else.

Hopefully we will win the final test and at least square the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.