******Cricket Thread******

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bernabias home shirt, 5 Jul 2013.

1. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

I don’t get why Warner is still getting picked. He has been utter shit

2. Dr Jacoby

Dr Jacoby

Didn’t Labuschagne glove that Broad delivery down the leg side? I’m surprised they didn’t appeal. There was a loud noise.

3. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

It was close, but I don’t think it hit it. The sound could have been a spike of his shoe scratching the pitch.

The timing of the sound spike and ball close to the bat wasn’t right.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

5. The blue phantom

The blue phantom

Two down the convicts and in comes the Machine.

6. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

This is the problem VAR is getting into with offsides, frame rates and all that. The next frame might show contact in the shadow but there might not even be a frame showing the contact. The sound sounded like wood vs leather and that's been the deciding factor for quite some time. The spike in UltraEdge being out of synch with the picture could be down to exactly that - misbehaving technology - there was one earlier in the series where it was obvious the sound and picture weren't exactly aligned.

7. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

It took ages to get the ultra edge technology for that review too. It’s like VAR as you say as the umpires can show their reasoning, but if the technology isn’t 100% correct, then the whole decision is iffy.

8. What happened to "Hot Spot'?

9. wattle

wattle

To all those at the oval. Have a lovely rest of Friday in the company of smithy. Say hi from me. I had a great day with him last Thursday

10. I'll be sat on a train for the next 4 hours. I should be in the house by 1745ish. I expect I'll turn Sky Sports on to find Smith still batting and probably well on his way to a double century.