******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players you've mentioned say it all . I'll reserve judgement on Billings because he has a chance and is good with the gloves.

Bairstow has played at a guess 50 tests and probably has 2 hundreds! His technique is awful for tests and constantly gets cleaned up through staying legside as he does in one dayers. Also he's a massive slapped arse who wanted to hide at 6 or 7 even after he'd done well in Sri Lanka.

Morgan had a decent stab at it and averaged around 30. He's also got a glass back so the next world cup might be an issue nevermind 5 day tests.

Willey excellent one day all rounder but hes medium pace and offers nothing when its not hooping about. The seam bowling is the least of our worries although Stokes ability to make something happen out of nothing was missed in the last couple of days

I agree about Bairstow - lousy technique.

The number of times the England top order miss straight balls is amazing.

I think Australia insist on their Test players taking part in Sheffield Shield so they have to play longform stuff. England players toddle off to the IPL, and then the international stuff fills May to September.

Butter could go on to make a 100 today but I think bairstrow has been harshly treated by the ECB. He deserves to be english no 1 in test. A strong player with a strong mindset. Pope looks a top player. I think he should come in at 3 with root at 4

Butter could go on to make a 100 today but I think bairstrow has been harshly treated by the ECB. He deserves to be english no 1 in test. A strong player with a strong mindset. Pope looks a top player. I think he should come in at 3 with root at 4

he'll have to churn it out to make the century

Get to dinner only one down will probably leave us at least 150 short of there score so predicting all out and we are 130 behind and we will need 435 to win.

The players you've mentioned say it all . I'll reserve judgement on Billings because he has a chance and is good with the gloves.

Bairstow has played at a guess 50 tests and probably has 2 hundreds! His technique is awful for tests and constantly gets cleaned up through staying legside as he does in one dayers. Also he's a massive slapped arse who wanted to hide at 6 or 7 even after he'd done well in Sri Lanka.

Morgan had a decent stab at it and averaged around 30. He's also got a glass back so the next world cup might be an issue nevermind 5 day tests.

Willey excellent one day all rounder but hes medium pace and offers nothing when its not hooping about. The seam bowling is the least of our worries although Stokes ability to make something happen out of nothing was missed in the last couple of days

your so wrong matey in what your saying ?

its about giving them time and even if you struggle at first you learn and find your way, morgan i think only played 16 test at 30.43 and 700 runs and 2 100s to me that a very good base to work from but the ECB went down the route of ODI and based it around him

and as for david willey just look at the pakistan player Abbas he is not fast in fact slower than willey and takes big wicket so again your wrong, any sport you play its about training hard and learning ? if you are training and play in white ball cricket only then you become good white ball cricketers

its the setup at ECB and its rotten and spilt into 2 white ball and red ball cricket and your losing a battle to make good test cricket players because of the ODI setup is their main choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.