******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jammy sod. Busy couple of weeks for you, yeah (three successive tests)? How long have you had that gig, if you don't mind me asking?

Yes has been busy!
I've done the job 30 years since I was 15!
I take days off from my normal job to do it.
I use to work the old manual board at the stretford end, i started in 1991 so 30 years next year. Been a big part of my life but had to make sacrifices but these have been worth it.

your right about Root! He isn’t a good captain he is a captain who lets the players decide or play some brilliant cricket to win games and that’s fair enough but sometimes as a captain you need to be a bit more imaginative.

4 major points in the game

1st was englands bowling and fielding in the pakistan first innings (poor)
2nd was england batting in our 1st innings (poor)
3rd was england bowling in pakistan 2nd innings (very good)
4th was woakes and butler batting amazing (very good)

england got out of jail today and all the credit goes to woakes and butler, they both stood up and shown fight and got root out of a sticky after match interview and questions about his role as captain ? but if there is one thing root got as captain is luck ? again the cracks will be papered over with the lucky but hard thought by woakes and butler england win

4 major points in the game

1st was englands bowling and fielding in the pakistan first innings (poor)
2nd was england batting in our 1st innings (poor)
3rd was england bowling in pakistan 2nd innings (very good)
4th was woakes and butler batting amazing (very good)

england got out of jail today and all the credit goes to woakes and butler, they both stood up and shown fight and got root out of a sticky after match interview and questions about his role as captain ? but if there is one thing root got as captain is luck ? again the cracks will be papered over with the lucky but hard thought by woakes and butler england win

Yeah we have some great players who can win games and with have a second rate captain.

Great win, but anyone else think Butler was very unlucky and that ball tracking cocked up. The ball pitched so close to the pad I think it struggled to predict its track. Big wait for it and then it seemed rushed. But close up in slo mo you could see it turn and it looked to be going past off stump.
There are definite flaws when it comes to spin especially when the batsman is on the front foot. The common consensus is that the miracle of Headingley last summer wouldn't have happened without Paine burning their last review (on a ball that pitched 6 inches outside leg!) as they would have successfully reviewed the LB shout for Lyon. Stokes said after he thought the ball had flicked his front pad first (impact outside and changed the trajectory) and Jim 'shipping forecast' Maxwell tweeted a close up photo that confirmed it the day after yet the ball tracking failed to take that into account.

A tough one to take but this was my fear with the inexperienced attack. Anyhow, a great effort by team pakistan and superb comeback by England. Another example why test cricket is the best form of cricket. You can never replace that. Hopefully it can be 1 1 going into the final match.

matey your boys did great and the better team over the 4 days, but maybe you ran out of steam today
but i have just watched the highlights again and the wicket died today ? it was flat today the bounce was not there and the ball was coming of the wicket that bit slower so the leggy and the fast bowlers was bowling that bit to short ? meaning the batters had that bit extra time to play their shots

its a lesson for the next 2 test ? maybe pakistan should get a finger spinner in that turns it the other way from the leggy, maybe ask england to swap your leggy for one of our finger spinners hahahaha

Yeah we have some great players who can win games and with have a second rate captain.

maybe that is the thing we sorry (me) have to just take root as captain because we have some great players in the team that win the test ??

A tough one to take but this was my fear with the inexperienced attack. Anyhow, a great effort by team pakistan and superb comeback by England. Another example why test cricket is the best form of cricket. You can never replace that. Hopefully it can be 1 1 going into the final match.

Hopefully not :)

Agree with the rest of your post though, mate.

Another enthralling 4 days of cricket, Woakes is making himself undroppable at home and Pakistan have the makings of a very decent team.

The Sky coverage has been very good yet again, the difference between the cricket commentators and the stuff we have to put up with from Sky/BT every week watching City is night and day - imagine listening to Tyler and McManaman for 5 days straight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.