******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck me, the moaning on here.
Well my family enjoyed watching the last hour of that, and they’d never normally watch the sport.
Better than Corrie anyway!

A half decent school team would thrash both of these. I’m all for promoting women’s sport but don’t even pretend it is elite and a similar standard.
City’s U16 boys football team would put 10 past the women’s elite first team without breaking sweat

By half time.

I don't like the 8-team concept, even if the effect of giving money to richer counties is disregarded. They'll mostly be viewed as county sides, so why not call them what they are (okay, it IS to disguise where the money goes).

The fielding timeout is a decent idea, the bowling change option after 5 balls seems okay, but it's got too much noise around it to be decent on TV. It doesn't seem different enough, as Swann mentioned at the end (they'll not thank him for that).

The recent fad for having the ropes miles in from the fence (as seen in every white ball match now) is there to pump the scores up.

The BBC coverage seemed to involve some C-lister in Vick Hope interviewing random people, and random chattering running over the actual play. They almost failed to comment on one great cover drive, and some of the dumbsplaining was particularly awful to listen to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.