******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some old timers hate it, but I've never been to a cricket game before, have enjoyed watching the Manchester side, and have just booked tickets for the upcoming games. I just wish the ground was called something other than Old Trafford.

I know some old timers hate it, but I've never been to a cricket game before, have enjoyed watching the Manchester side, and have just booked tickets for the upcoming games. I just wish the ground was called something other than Old Trafford.
Not their fault they were copied a lifetime after name wise.

If they put T20 on telly (most are on youtube for free on the home team's channel) it would rise in popularity. In 2005 the ECB took all cricket from normal telly with the Sky deal. Plenty of entertaining county, town and village cricket across the north west, I am not sure the new comp adds anything.

T20 was peak crowds in 2019, it should have been built on. The ironic thin is it was a new t20 comp planned for the year 2020 and then they messed about with it too much.

Not their fault they were copied a lifetime after name wise.

If they put T20 on telly (most are on youtube for free on the home team's channel) it would rise in popularity. In 2005 the ECB took all cricket from normal telly with the Sky deal. Plenty of entertaining county, town and village cricket across the north west, I am not sure the new comp adds anything.

T20 was peak crowds in 2019, it should have been built on. The ironic thin is it was a new t20 comp planned for the year 2020 and then they messed about with it too much.
Not really making an argument for or against really, I don't know enough, all I know is I've enjoyed the Manchester team the last few days and I've bought tickets for a few games which I'm looking forward to.

Is there a reason you enjoyed it more than a T20 game?
I've never really watched a T20 game, and have never really sought it before, outside of that England final a few years ago that had an exciting ending. I've never really identified with or thought of myself as from Lancashire, so having a clear and obvious team to support has helped I guess. It's probably as much to do with timing: this fills a nice gap between the Euros and the new season, and it was on the telly and I thought it looked alright. I'm excited to be able to have a beer or two in the stands in the sun. But it's honestly no shade on T20 or anything, I'm sure it's fine, maybe I'll check it out if I enjoy the games I go to.

Reactions: ell
Im not sure if something i was told is true the ECB wanted to turn the T20 into something akin to big bash and ipl franchise wise.However the test ground counties were against it due handing over the money to the ECB.I go to watch games at oval in the T20 and the money they are making is frightening they have over 20,000 on the sauce at min of £6 a drink all night. The cheapest food starts at £10 thats on top of the ticket price of £25.They must be taking a million quid at each game so can see why they would be reluctant to give that up.Which is why we have ended up with T16 plus 4.

Im not sure if something i was told is true the ECB wanted to turn the T20 into something akin to big bash and ipl franchise wise.However the test ground counties were against it due handing over the money to the ECB.I go to watch games at oval in the T20 and the money they are making is frightening they have over 20,000 on the sauce at min of £6 a drink all night. The cheapest food starts at £10 thats on top of the ticket price of £25.They must be taking a million quid at each game so can see why they would be reluctant to give that up.Which is why we have ended up with T16 plus 4.
They could have built on the t20 by allowing more overseas players. Each County team with say 4 overseas stars would be a great spectacle. Imagine the team Lancs could put out with 4 overseas stars. Also play it at a time it won't clash with England matches, so all the England lads are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.