******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the likes of Jos Buttler and Liam Livingstone turn out in the IPL gives me a sense of pride and I feel they`re also representing and spreading the gospel of my home county. However, seeing Saqib Mahmood turning out for Surrey and now Liam Livingstone playing for Birmingham leaves a bad taste.
FFS imagine Joe Root playing for Thunder. The thought of it makes me shudder.

We are reaching saturation point now and risk damaging the 4 day and 50 over game.It is not right that we are not playing 4 day cricket in July and August.The one day cup is now being marginalised into a block of 3 wks.There is a place for T20 and Hundred that is the weekend.This is also when crowds they want families will turn up.
4 day cricket must be played at the height of summer to hone the techniques of top players,if we look at Englands top 6 the averages are shocking as well as the shots they get out too.This all comes from playing in April,May and September where the ball is moving all over the place.Spinners are also eliminated in these months so are learning there trade in T20.
The Ecb spent millions prioritising the white ball game and now seem to have put that on the back burner.Say what u want about India and the Aussies they play domestic 4 day cricket alongside franchise cricket in the best conditions.We need to find a happy medium or when Jimmy and Broad retire as well as Stokes and Root we are going to be in big trouble.We need to concentrate on the 4 day game or else we will keep going to India and Australia and getting trounced.
The talent is there it just needs looking after and given the best conditions in which to thrive.Maybe im a old codger who has more than the attention span of a gnat but test cricket is the most important game.We still talk of the 81 ashes and WInning in India etc no one remembers who won the blast 5 yrs ago.
Melrose30yarder. I lament the demise of what I have always seen as real cricket. Music, six and out, ramp shots etc and night bashes is the way forward to attract more fans to the game. Attention spans wane and folk are simply less interested in a long drawn out spectacle without a clear result on the day. Like football fans of a certain age are now seen as legacy fans (FOC’s) the same is happening in cricket. I do entirely agree with your points on Aussie and Indian cricket but there seems to be no appetite here for following their models. We are already seeing the difficulty English batting faces in transitioning to the challenge of test match cricket. It will get worse. With so few grounds able to monetise test cricket most English club will continue to chase the £££.

Melrose30yarder. I lament the demise of what I have always seen as real cricket. Music, six and out, ramp shots etc and night bashes is the way forward to attract more fans to the game. Attention spans wane and folk are simply less interested in a long drawn out spectacle without a clear result on the day. Like football fans of a certain age are now seen as legacy fans (FOC’s) the same is happening in cricket. I do entirely agree with your points on Aussie and Indian cricket but there seems to be no appetite here for following their models. We are already seeing the difficulty English batting faces in transitioning to the challenge of test match cricket. It will get worse. With so few grounds able to monetise test cricket most English club will continue to chase the £££.
I agree and the sad thing is the appetite for test cricket in England and Australia.The youth of today need to learn patience and enjoy long hot summer days.Societys quest for instant gratification removes all anticipation.

Manchester originals coaching staff must've had a brain fuck in the draft process. Compared to other squads Manchester's is absolutely shite

Watching the likes of Jos Buttler and Liam Livingstone turn out in the IPL gives me a sense of pride and I feel they`re also representing and spreading the gospel of my home county. However, seeing Saqib Mahmood turning out for Surrey and now Liam Livingstone playing for Birmingham leaves a bad taste.
FFS imagine Joe Root playing for Thunder. The thought of it makes me shudder.
The thought of Joe Root (playing or not) makes @ancoats shudder!

The thought of Joe Root (playing or not) makes @ancoats shudder!

the 100 is crazy and just more player greed
if test cricket ever needed backing its now. but sadly another nail in the coffin of the only code of cricket that should be top of the tree for players. bread and butter cricket is dead long live the instant pot noodles

the 100 is crazy and just more player greed
if test cricket ever needed backing its now. but sadly another nail in the coffin of the only code of cricket that should be top of the tree for players. bread and butter cricket is dead long live the instant pot noodles
One day matches are where the money is made so it's needed, but fuck me there is no need for t20 and the hundred. Should have let the county clubs sign more overseas players for t20 and market it like they have the hundred.

One day matches are where the money is made so it's needed, but fuck me there is no need for t20 and the hundred. Should have let the county clubs sign more overseas players for t20 and market it like they have the hundred.

instant cricket kills the sport and county/test cricket
everybody want to smash the shit out of a cricket ball and score big runs in a hour

why don't they give the bowlers something like smaller bats or bigger wickets or scratching the ball to make it swing
then invent 10 over cricket 4 games in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.