Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Ashes********

SWP's back said:
Dr Jacoby said:
2-1 Australia

Siddle top run scorer
Pattinson top wicket taker
I hope you went to the bookies with that, I should imagine the odds are very high (mainly as it's a .

I agree
Siddle top scorer fair enough
But the Aussies to win 2-1 that's just taking the fucking piss :)

waspish said:
Who thinks if Clarke wins the toss he will bowl?

Cant see it
Swann is bowling at his home ground and the pitch will be like a dust bowl after day 3
Also Swann then can bowl into the foot holes. Australia will have at least 4 left handers batting and if they bat last they will lose

Clarke will try and protect his inexperienced bowling attack as if expected England will go after them and that will set the tone for the entire series

Clarke will be praying to win the toss so they can bat first

kippaxwarrior said:
waspish said:

Cant see it
Swann is bowling at his home ground and the pitch will be like a dust bowl after day 3
Also Swann then can bowl into the foot holes. Australia will have at least 4 left handers batting and if they bat last they will lose

Clarke will try and protect his inexperienced bowling attack as if expected England will go after them and that will set the tone for the entire series

It will see what his mine set is if he bowls 1st personally I hope they win the toss and bat our bowlers can lay into them and impact mental scars

waspish said:
kippaxwarrior said:
waspish said:

Cant see it

It will see what his mine set is if he bowls 1st personally I hope they win the toss and bat our bowlers can lay into them and impact mental scars

Its really tricky for Clarke as he knows the batting is the worst part of the team and if he puts his faith in the bowlers and they take a hammering on the first day if England bat first then he knows there is a very real chance the entire side will crumble just like they did in India

I wouldnt be surprised if Ponting comes out of retirement if they take a mauling at Trent Bridge

3-1 England

KP and Jimmy

Clarke and Pattinson

This is the Ashes though. The Ashes. And the Aussies will fight like bastards to win and we need to be at our very best and most intense.

Man for man we are the better side. My only worries are will Joe Root step up as opener and is Bairstow good enough. For me we have bowling options by the bagfull but our battings options are less convincing.

For those of you who remember ashes past i still of Steele in his glasses facing Tomo and Lillie in there pomp and becoming a national hero. Great days.

Rascal said:
3-1 England

KP and Jimmy

Clarke and Pattinson

This is the Ashes though. The Ashes. And the Aussies will fight like bastards to win and we need to be at our very best and most intense.

Man for man we are the better side. My only worries are will Joe Root step up as opener and is Bairstow good enough. For me we have bowling options by the bagfull but our battings options are less convincing.

For those of you who remember ashes past i still of Steele in his glasses facing Tomo and Lillie in there pomp and becoming a national hero. Great days.

Lilian Thompson?

Could never understand why they had a woman opening the bowling for them.

I just don't see any way that Australia take 20 wickets against us at home. I will be very surprised if they win a game.

They will start well though. They will come all guns blazing and will put us under some pressure the first day or two but it won't last.

Rascal said:
3-1 England

KP and Jimmy

Clarke and Pattinson

Root is an opener and i wanted him to open against India and New Zealand this past winter for him to get experience opening in Test matches but i expect he will be OK
If his average is around 40 for this series then i will be happy with that
I agree with you about Bairstow. Ive seen nothing from him to suggest he is a Test Match player yet and our batting options like you said are pretty thin

However this really is a weak Aussie batting attack and like you said we have fantastic bowling options and thats where it will be won and lost
Can England take 20 wickets in a match? Easily
Can Australia take 20 wickets in a match? Im not so sure

Is the Aussies that bad???? I dont know a lot about cricket. I know they have a new coach could it be that they are all playing for there places and do better than most think. Again I dont know much about cricket but 7/2 on Aussies to win the test series are they that big odds because they are not good enough or better than them odds offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.