******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is he admitted it wasn't a stress illness why he left the ashes he was just "burnt out" and now he got skittled in his first county match he's gone back to using that excuse again. Make up your mind Jonathan.

RandomJ said:
The thing is he admitted it wasn't a stress illness why he left the ashes he was just "burnt out" and now he got skittled in his first county match he's gone back to using that excuse again. Make up your mind Jonathan.

Do you not think that long term stress causes burn out?

Stress related can mean a variety of things; you haven't fallen in the Michael Vaughan trap have you?

Corky said:
RandomJ said:

Do you not think that long term stress causes burn out?

Stress related can mean a variety of things; you haven't fallen in the Michael Vaughan trap have you?

Except he himself said it wasn't a stress related illness. He led a lot of people to believe he was suffering from a serious mental illness like Trescothick when really his batting had gone to shit and he just couldn't handle the aussies giving it him. Now it's certainly possible this time he does have something like that but it's a big coincidence this happened again after he failed with the bat for Warwickshire.

Thought at the time the Vaughan's comments were a bit thick and unsypathetic. Didn't really mater what it was called, Vaughan seemed like a bit of a chump.

I'm glad it isn't Giles but Peter Moore is hardly the top bracket of coach we could have got to get us back to the number 1 spot is he?

Too many people are going to say 'thank fuck it's not Giles' and totally missing the point. England have gone backwards in all aspects of cricket this year. Moores is highly regarded but he was a disaster last time and he obviously can't handle the stars. I guess this really is the end of KP, and you do have to wonder if that's the reason they've gone back to him.

I genuinely think it could be 3+ years before England are anywhere near the top.

PS have you tried picking an England team for this summer? It's not pretty.

jay_mcfc said:
Too many people are going to say 'thank fuck it's not Giles' and totally missing the point. England have gone backwards in all aspects of cricket this year. Moores is highly regarded but he was a disaster last time and he obviously can't handle the stars. I guess this really is the end of KP, and you do have to wonder if that's the reason they've gone back to him.

I genuinely think it could be 3+ years before England are anywhere near the top.

PS have you tried picking an England team for this summer? It's not pretty.

Who did we have to choose from though? Of course people are going to say that, have you not seen our results in the shorter format whilst he has been in charge? I like Moores and think he will do a good job, wonder what will happen at Lanks now though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.