******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davs 19 said:
tidyman said:
Not really sure why anyone's got a problem with the run out.

I'm all for upholding the traditions of the game but why should a batsman expect to be able to steal ground before the bowler is even in his delivery stride and the worse that he expects to happen is for the bowler to continually stop his run up and politely ask him to get the fuck back in his crease until he's bowled the ball?

It's acceptable these days to be caught out but not walk but not to run someone out who is deliberately gaining an unfair advantage by getting a head start on any quick singles going?

That doesn't make sense to me.

I know what you're saying but the accepted courtesy is a warning first.

I'm living in the wrong century, aren't I ? :(

He did warn him first.

Henkeman said:
Davs 19 said:
tidyman said:
Not really sure why anyone's got a problem with the run out.

I'm all for upholding the traditions of the game but why should a batsman expect to be able to steal ground before the bowler is even in his delivery stride and the worse that he expects to happen is for the bowler to continually stop his run up and politely ask him to get the fuck back in his crease until he's bowled the ball?

It's acceptable these days to be caught out but not walk but not to run someone out who is deliberately gaining an unfair advantage by getting a head start on any quick singles going?

That doesn't make sense to me.

I know what you're saying but the accepted courtesy is a warning first.

I'm living in the wrong century, aren't I ? :(

He did warn him first.

Fair enough. No problem with that.

Cook's fucked up here. He can't bowl Jordan out, and would have to find an extra over from Root or Bopara.

waspish said:
What pissing me of also are the commentators saying oh he's been warned so fcuking what it's against the spirit of the game
If he's warned then he should desist, otherwise what is the point of the warning. It wasn't the Sri Lankan's fault, it was a batsman in this case,Buttler, trying it on and paying for it. I don't understand this spirit of the game argument either. Why is it outside the spirit of the game to run him out, but it's not outside the spirit of the game to nick a couple of yards every ball. Sauce, goose, gander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.