******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
goalmole said:
waspish said:
What pissing me of also are the commentators saying oh he's been warned so fcuking what it's against the spirit of the game
If he's warned then he should desist, otherwise what is the point of the warning. It wasn't the Sri Lankan's fault, it was a batsman in this case,Buttler, trying it on and paying for it. I don't understand this spirit of the game argument either. Why is it outside the spirit of the game to run him out, but it's not outside the spirit of the game to nick a couple of yards every ball. Sauce, goose, gander.

He wasn't 3 yards up the pitch like I've seen a lot of batman do but hey it might teach Buttler a lesson!

With the Sri Lankans on this one.

People harp on about the 'spirit' of cricket. Well it is most definitely not in the 'spirit' of cricket for a batman to continue to try and gain an advantage from the non strikers end.

He was warned twice, which was sporting of the Sri Lankans, Jos Buttler failed to heed those warnings and was run out.

If anybody was not playing in good spirit, then it was Jos Buttler.

Oh and another thing, Cook is a shit captain.

goalmole said:
waspish said:
What pissing me of also are the commentators saying oh he's been warned so fcuking what it's against the spirit of the game
If he's warned then he should desist, otherwise what is the point of the warning. It wasn't the Sri Lankan's fault, it was a batsman in this case,Buttler, trying it on and paying for it. I don't understand this spirit of the game argument either. Why is it outside the spirit of the game to run him out, but it's not outside the spirit of the game to nick a couple of yards every ball. Sauce, goose, gander.

I agree, even when I played 35 years ago, you always gave a warning as a sporting gesture and displaying gentlemanly conduct, after the warning, if the bowler ran you out it was tough shit.. The batsman was the only one in the wrong and he should be reprimanded for throwing his wicket away, simple as that...There is no controversy here, just stupidity..!!

Henkeman said:
More boos for Cook. Hmm.

Understandable as he is showing he hasn't got a clue when it comes to limited overs cricket.

Yesterday we saw some of the worst dismissals you will see in International cricket and soft doesn't begin to describe them and the Captains was one of the worst.

If that so called "shot" is the best he can come up with then there is no hope!

Stupidity and arrogance from the English batsman. They got 2 warnings, 1 more than is considered sporting. The bowler was quite right in mandkating him.

blueinsa said:
Henkeman said:
More boos for Cook. Hmm.

Understandable as he is showing he hasn't got a clue when it comes to limited overs cricket.

Yesterday we saw some of the worst dismissals you will see in International cricket and soft doesn't begin to describe them and the Captains was one of the worst.

If that so called "shot" is the best he can come up with then there is no hope!

Or Test cricket come to that. The ECB keep trying to push the idea he's learning. He's nearly 30, he's played over 100 Tests. He was one of the most experienced cricketers ever to be appointed to the England captaincy.

Cook's just not very good at his job and with this young and inexperienced team he's going to have to select he's in for a rough couple of years. That said I'm very excited to see some of these new players come in like Stokes, Moeen, Robson, Gurney, Jordan, Mills, Lyth, Buttler, Bairstow, Ballance, Root etc. I think we are producing some very good players but it will be interesting to see how Cook does with them. I also would like to see Plunkett given a chance vs Sri Lanka. This would be my team;

Cook
Robson
Bell
Balance
Root
Moeen
Stokes
Buttler
Plunkett
Broad
Anderson

That is an incredibly long batting lineup, Moeen and Root would share spinning duties, there would be 4 seamers and Buttler could have a bit of pressure taken off him by batting at 8. That would be a team to get me excited again with the likes of Jordan, Finn, Mills, Lyth, Bairstow etc waiting in the wings.

jay_mcfc said:
Cook's just not very good at his job and with this young and inexperienced team he's going to have to select he's in for a rough couple of years. That said I'm very excited to see some of these new players come in like Stokes, Moeen, Robson, Gurney, Jordan, Mills, Lyth, Buttler, Bairstow, Ballance, Root etc. I think we are producing some very good players but it will be interesting to see how Cook does with them. I also would like to see Plunkett given a chance vs Sri Lanka. This would be my team;

Cook
Robson
Bell
Balance
Root
Moeen
Stokes
Buttler
Plunkett
Broad
Anderson

That is an incredibly long batting lineup, Moeen and Root would share spinning duties, there would be 4 seamers and Buttler could have a bit of pressure taken off him by batting at 8. That would be a team to get me excited again with the likes of Jordan, Finn, Mills, Lyth, Bairstow etc waiting in the wings.

Can we not leave the Yorkshire players alone? There's a title to be won...

jay_mcfc said:

Cook
Robson
Bell
Balance
Root
Moeen
Stokes
Buttler
Plunkett
Broad
Anderson

Plunkett ahead of Jordan?

I don't think they'll pick him, but I'd really like James Taylor to be in the side. He's delivered good scores whenever called upon for the Lions, including that double hundred at the end of the winter. Although he hasn't got a ton yet this season, he has scored 5 half centuries in his ten innings and is averaging 50. I also think James Vince should be in the reckoning, if someone can't get a look in with the runs he's piled up so far this summer, then when can they get a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.