******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread constantly reminds me that cricket is probably the biggest thing I miss from living in the UK. Apart from T20, which I have actually seen on tv over here a couple of times and is a complete abomination. Although I can only follow it by reading the online reports, it seems like the quality, or at least excitement, of Test cricket has been growing steadily over the last few years.
Also, WTF has happened to the West Indies nowadays? Just whitewashed in the ODIs by Bangladesh?!?
All the best Windies players are only interested in T20 contracts.

Sad when you think the great West Indies test sides of the past were maybe the greatest ever
It's purely economics. I don't blame them at all. Travelling round the world, playing for multiple franchises, while earning very good money. If the fans in the Windies are no longer interested in test cricket, then there is nothing they can do, they are going to follow the money. They can't survive off the back of England rolling in every 4 years.

Only need a 3 or 4 nil win in India to ensure we make the Test finals.

No sweat.

hahaha i don't see us doing that ?? its always the hardest tour for english cricketer over the years
but in recent times things have got better and quality hotels and food and water ? but getting delhi belly is bad and players are done for days and recovery ? i did hear once that the england camp took there own bottled water it was that bad hahahaha

hahaha i don't see us doing that ?? its always the hardest tour for english cricketer over the years
but in recent times things have got better and quality hotels and food and water ? but getting delhi belly is bad and players are done for days and recovery ? i did hear once that the england camp took there own bottled water it was that bad hahahaha
I think Pakistan was the one they didn't like touring back in the day. Remember Botham's wouldn't send the Mother In Law there, and Gatting's bust up with the umpire's who weren't exactly neutral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.