******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ********The Winter Ashes********

ultimateharold said:
Going off the quality of batting in this series, and the last..

What's to say the Aussies won't capitulate like this in their 2nd?
Well; assuming that the last wicket pairing don't make a century partnership, even if the Aussies collapse and post, say, 90 all out England are going to have to get around 275-300 to win in the fourth innings. Not impossible, but highly unlkely.

jimharri said:
ultimateharold said:

Well; assuming that the last wicket pairing don't make a century partnership, even if the Aussies collapse and post, say, 90 all out England are going to have to get around 275-300 to win in the fourth innings. Not impossible, but highly unlkely.

Revised it a few posts back to play for a draw.

ultimateharold said:
jimharri said:
ultimateharold said:

I'd take the draw now to be honest. But, unless the weather takes a serious turn for the worse, I can't see the draw happening (too much time left).

jimharri said:
ultimateharold said:
jimharri said:

I'd take the draw now to be honest. But, unless the weather takes a serious turn for the worse, I can't see the draw happening (too much time left).

Agree, bar a phenomenal bowling performance in the 2nd now.

Cynical me but I remember calling the 2006/2007 series a whitewash and got it right.
The way England look and the way the Aussies are playing it might be worth a punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.