******Cricket Thread******

Status
Not open for further replies.
jay_mcfc said:
Stokes played the last county championship game like Prior and Broad but he's not as 'in' as they are. Considering he'd be fourth or fifth choice bowler it's a bit strange

Edit: Actually Stokes has played two games. Very strange.

I fear a bit for Stokes. He has all the potential to be labelled difficult a la Kevin Pietersen by the usual suspects in the media.

jay_mcfc said:
Stokes played the last county championship game like Prior and Broad but he's not as 'in' as they are. Considering he'd be fourth or fifth choice bowler it's a bit strange

Edit: Actually Stokes has played two games. Very strange.

Different type of injury seems to be the reason.

He's expected to do a solid all-round job so they probably want to wait until test 2.

If he's not back for the next test then we can all be concerned!

KP is beating the ECB hands down since he was sacked. Already an apology after the Downton attack and lies and now John Etheridge of the Sun, who is clearly a mouth piece for the ECB like Aggers is, is getting an absolute pasting on Twitter. He basically wrote a piece today saying that KP had given back his commemorative gift from his 100th test because he was so bitter. KP duly put up a photo with the gift on twitter and now Etheridge has gone into hiding.

Add to the fact that he seems like he's very good friends with most of the England squad, including Broad and Swann who were enemies in the past and he's winning the battle. In fact the only players he appears to have problems with are Cook, Prior and Anderson, so the whole 'dressing room' debate seems like a very silly one.

I think I've read somewhere that Pieteson and Piers Morgan are both doing a stint in the commentary box during the 1st Test.

Could be interesting viewing. Although I don't think there's any chance of anything that really went on been talked about until October.

jay_mcfc said:
KP is beating the ECB hands down since he was sacked. Already an apology after the Downton attack and lies and now John Etheridge of the Sun, who is clearly a mouth piece for the ECB like Aggers is, is getting an absolute pasting on Twitter. He basically wrote a piece today saying that KP had given back his commemorative gift from his 100th test because he was so bitter. KP duly put up a photo with the gift on twitter and now Etheridge has gone into hiding.

Add to the fact that he seems like he's very good friends with most of the England squad, including Broad and Swann who were enemies in the past and he's winning the battle. In fact the only players he appears to have problems with are Cook, Prior and Anderson, so the whole 'dressing room' debate seems like a very silly one.

IMO they shouldn't have sacked KP, they'd have been better off spending their time working out who could replace Cook as captain. There must be someone in that squad who has just a tiny bit of charisma, can manage challenging players and who isn't tactically inept.

Lancet Fluke said:
jay_mcfc said:

IMO they shouldn't have sacked KP, they'd have been better off spending their time working out who could replace Cook as captain. There must be someone in that squad who has just a tiny bit of charisma, can manage challenging players and who isn't tactically inept.

I would of given it to KP. what is it with the people who run sport that players with class charisma and skill get treated like this while boring all be it a top batman Cook gets the gig all the time

Weather looks great for the first test, not sure if thats good news for england especially with moeen ali being our mainline spinner.

Bluemoonie92 said:
Weather looks great for the first test, not sure if thats good news for england especially with moeen ali being our mainline spinner.

Moeen is a great talent. I'm raging with the ECB at the moment but I am also really excited to see the youngsters. Root isn't have a great time but I think he's gonna go down as an all time great for England. Robson, Ballance, Jordan, Stokes are all very exciting players but I think Moeen will be the best of the lot. Plunkett also fully deserves his recall and I have had a bet on him to be leading wicket taker in the first game. Anderson appears to be back in great form and Bell will be as good as always. I do have a concern with Cook at the moment and Prior and Broad but I'm sure they'll come through. The thing for England now is to stick with those youngsters as it will be a while before England are a proper winning team again.

I agree with all of that but its a hell of alot of pressure on him. I know hes better than a part time spinner but is he really good enough to lead the line? Its about time him and robson got their chance in the test side. All this kp talk is doing my head in, we just need to let it go and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.