Cricket Thread

The Windies might be docked some points soon. Already 7 overs behind today.

I don't understand the meaning of these so-called slow overrate point reductions in the test rankings.
If you're getting smacked around by the batsman then the over rate will be slow because of retrieving the ball

Bowling 90 overs in a day should not really have a time limit anymore unless it's really dark, just play on until the light goes. Then if you have not bowled the 90 overs lose runs or wickets

I don't understand the meaning of these so-called slow overrate point reductions in the test rankings.
If you're getting smacked around by the batsman then the over rate will be slow because of retrieving the ball

Bowling 90 overs in a day should not really have a time limit anymore unless it's really dark, just play on until the light goes. Then if you have not bowled the 90 overs lose runs or wickets
Tv scheduling, would be my guess.

You can bat well into the evening in the UK, but not in counties closer to the equator as the sun dips quickly
Unless the rules are amended to make all tests day/night games

What are the odds on play Sunday - I’m fearing Windies collapsing again tomorrow. Son got us tickets for Xmas I may trade them for a pair of socks :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.