Cricket Thread

Yet they’ll still beat us in the Caribbean.
I'm not so sure. Yes; the conditions will be favourable to them; every nation does the same thing, to be fair. But they are a very limited red ball team. If the weather behaves, this could well be over by stumps on saturday. That would be consecutive test defeats inside 3 days. However you want to look at it, that's poor. Time will tell, I guess.

Good score this now! Hope Atkinson has a good bowling display and pick up 5/8 wickets in the test match and don't go for many, that will be a good reaction after being motm last test match!

Not a bad day's work, that. I remember a time when 300 was seen as a decent day's score in test cricket. Around 3 rpo. Now you're looking at over 4.5 rpo as the standard. Wouldn't have happened in Boycott or Tavare's day!

I'm not so sure. Yes; the conditions will be favourable to them; every nation does the same thing, to be fair. But they are a very limited red ball team. If the weather behaves, this could well be over by stumps on saturday. That would be consecutive test defeats inside 3 days. However you want to look at it, that's poor. Time will tell, I guess.
They just drew in Australia and they could easily have bowled England out for much lower scores in both this game and the first test if they hadn’t been so wasteful. But admittedly their batting does look even worse than it usually does.

They just drew in Australia and they could easily have bowled England out for much lower scores in both this game and the first test if they hadn’t been so wasteful. But admittedly their batting does look even worse than it usually does.
I realise they drew in Aus. Can't figure out how they did it, mind. Not with this batting line up, shirley?

People talking about this being a bit of a low score, and “left runs out on the field”. Against this Windies batting line-up and the general inexperience, and our bowling attack, 400+ puts the game already beyond them. It's the equivalent of 500+ against a properly good side. Only question is whether they can scrape a draw. I'd say there's little chance of it.

People talking about this being a bit of a low score, and “left runs out on the field”. Against this Windies batting line-up and the general inexperience, and our bowling attack, 400+ puts the game already beyond them. It's the equivalent of 500+ against a properly good side. Only question is whether they can scrape a draw. I'd say there's little chance of it.
The key has to be to avoid the follow on. Which even this very limited Windies side ought to be able to do. 217 is not a lot of runs to get. If they don't manage it, and do have to follow on, the game could be nearly done come tea time on saturday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.