Cricket Thread

It’s pretty depressing how T20 has ripped the core out of the Windies I know they’ve been in decline for a couple of decades but it isn’t helped by players going for IPL cash before they’ve even played international games. India, England and the convicts can pay enough for players to sit some bandit tournaments out but the rest due to the greed of the “big three” are fucked in the long version.

Fucking grim.

And the TV companies are just as complicit

I would love to see how many crickets are really in it for the love of the sport and not the money, Split the white ball cricket from the Red ball cricket and have two governing bodies, So you can only play one or the other. My bet is, 90% would pick white-ball cricket for the money,

Test Cricket should be the pinnacle of the sport, The Glory and Honour of being picked to play for your country
County Cricket, Test Cricket, and ODI Cricket are sports, 20/20, and IPL and the Hundred are for entertainment.

I would love to see how many crickets are really in it for the love of the sport and not the money, Split the white ball cricket from the Red ball cricket and have two governing bodies, So you can only play one or the other. My bet is, 90% would pick white-ball cricket for the money,

Test Cricket should be the pinnacle of the sport, The Glory and Honour of being picked to play for your country
County Cricket, Test Cricket, and ODI Cricket are sports, 20/20, and IPL and the Hundred are for entertainment.
Couldn’t agree more, but money is a big issue. You earn peanuts at the red ball game compared to franchised white ball cricket.

Anyone with a ticket for monday will be sweating now. A Windies collapse tomorrow wouldn't be a total surprise.
Yes, but it is clear there is talent there. They just need to play more red ball cricket, but how do you persuade the best to shun the white ball dollars?

Smith superb today. Woakes again showed how well he bolsters the lower order. Windies in for a hard time, I feel.

Woakes at home usually plays well it's away his stats are not great! Smith though never even heard of him looks an absolute gem of a player!

Couldn’t agree more, but money is a big issue. You earn peanuts at the red ball game compared to franchised white ball cricket.

I fully understand the money side of things in Cricket and if you are at the top of your game then the rewards are there. Maybe Cricket can sort something out like one ball for all formats (Bright Neon PINK) or better central contracts with limits to overseas IPL cricket,

I fully understand the money side of things in Cricket and if you are at the top of your game then the rewards are there. Maybe Cricket can sort something out like one ball for all formats (Bright Neon PINK) or better central contracts with limits to overseas IPL cricket,
There’s that many different formats and countries involved it’s hard to keep up with who’s playing in which tournaments….

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.