Cricket Thread

There's no two ways about it, Windies have really let this match run away with them. When you think that England were 54 for 5! Got a feeling they're going to completely fold in the second innings. This is a seriously demoralised team. They've shown flashes of things, but they really need to reset back in the Caribbean.
A seven or eight wicket victory wouldn't surprise me.

There's no two ways about it, Windies have really let this match run away with them. When you think that England were 54 for 5! Got a feeling they're going to completely fold in the second innings. This is a seriously demoralised team. They've shown flashes of things, but they really need to reset back in the Caribbean.
They look like a side with a weak mentality. When the pressure is on, they crumble. A sub 250 total in their second innings wouldn't be a total shock.

While it could be argued that it wasn’t a true 54-5 as one of those out was nightwatchman Wood (granted he can bat a bit), I think England deserve a bit of credit here rather than it being all on the Windies for letting a very good situation slip. There can’t be many pairs forming a sixth wicket partnership better than Root and Stokes in the current test arena when you need somebody to dig you out of a rather large hole. I’ll also add that I’ve lost count of the amount of times down the years that I’ve seen England not finishing a team off cheaply when having them 5 or 6 wickets down.

I see Ireland are struggling against Zimbabwe. They need another 125 runs for victory, but they're 5 wickets down in their second innings, on the third day. Off for rain/bad light at the moment.

It’s pretty depressing how T20 has ripped the core out of the Windies I know they’ve been in decline for a couple of decades but it isn’t helped by players going for IPL cash before they’ve even played international games. India, England and the convicts can pay enough for players to sit some bandit tournaments out but the rest due to the greed of the “big three” are fucked in the long version.

Fucking grim.

And the TV companies are just as complicit

Atkinson must be thinking "Test cricket? Piece of piss"

I think he will do well down under in the ashes if he stays fit, But that is the big question mark for our bowlers (overseas) Can they do it with a kookaburra ball after 20 overs,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.