Cricket Thread

Been watching quite a bit of the one day cup, not just Lancs but whoever is on and clubs with less resources like Derbyshire and Gloucester seem to have recruited far better players.
Some of them are not much more than useful club players and I don't know how people could think they could do it for a job.
As far as I know Blenkenstein is a decent coach but I think he needs time to get some better raw material in. Not easy with contracts etc.
The better players of Derbyshire and Gloucestershire are the ones not picked for the 16.4

They’d generally be the poorer county circuit players, but are more consistent than the youngsters the bigger counties have to play as all their players have been taken.

Lancs are shite as well, mind.

The better players of Derbyshire and Gloucestershire are the ones not picked for the 16.4

They’d generally be the poorer county circuit players, but are more consistent than the youngsters the bigger counties have to play as all their players have been taken.

Lancs are shite as well, mind.
Yes fair point they may have more experienced players in their sides.
A lot of the stronger counties these days tens to be the posher counties like Somerset with a ready made supply from private schools whereas Lancs used to get a lot from mill towns so that conveyor belt is probably weaker now.

Should be sat on 2 or 3 wins from 5. Instead I’ll be attending the deadest of dead rubbers on Sunday. Good job the tickets were free thanks to the Sky VIP ballot. The tight cunts could’ve chucked a few free pints in though ffs!

They were in the first game and in one of the others but in the last two they’ve had a great start to both run chases, reaching 80+ without loss only to blow it. In one of the other games they needed 2 to win off 3 balls but contrived to lose by 1 run
They will struggle to sell tickets next season if they continue to under perform.

Lancs struggling a bit again, but we might be seeing Rocky Flintoff’s breakout innings.

59 no currently, 171/7 though after 39 overs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.