Cricket Thread

A very strange match. Pak declared their first innings at 440 odd for 6 with not out batters going well. They then conceded a 100+ first innings lead and capitulated for next to nothing in the second innings. Bangla knocked off the handful of runs required for a 10 wkt win.
All above board I’m sure.
To be fair, the pitches over there mean you have to move the games on to get a chance of winning.

Pakistan batted terribly in their second innings, Rizwan aside.

I doubt they’d all take backhanders to lose a test match at home.

To be fair, the pitches over there mean you have to move the games on to get a chance of winning.

Pakistan batted terribly in their second innings, Rizwan aside.

I doubt they’d all take backhanders to lose a test match at home.
The history means that the authorities will have a look at the betting data.

Batting wise, Root really is the cavalry, isn't he? When the fort's besieged, you wait for that bugle in the distance. Only problem is, sometimes the cavalry doesn't come.

England's batting lineup is not that far away from being really good. The middle order is excellent - Brook is going to be world class, Root has a few more years, Smith is already great for a 6.

If Crawley can keep averaging 40+ like he has done for the last 20 odd tests, England really just need Pope to wake up and deliver on his potential and the batting lineup is their strength. Duckett is never going to stand out but he works well with Crawley and is a steady run getter.

Biggest problem is Pope (averaging 2 a captain) and Stokes - he gets more single digit innings than 50s/100s - and will push Smith back down when he comes back.

England's batting lineup is not that far away from being really good. The middle order is excellent - Brook is going to be world class, Root has a few more years, Smith is already great for a 6.

If Crawley can keep averaging 40+ like he has done for the last 20 odd tests, England really just need Pope to wake up and deliver on his potential and the batting lineup is their strength. Duckett is never going to stand out but he works well with Crawley and is a steady run getter.

Biggest problem is Pope (averaging 2 a captain) and Stokes - he gets more single digit innings than 50s/100s - and will push Smith back down when he comes back.
Root will be 34 in Dec. He still looks in top nick, but I would be surprised if he bats past 35yrs old?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.