Cricket Thread

Mad Root gets 100 each innings and doesn't get motm
I'm assuming Atkinson got the nod, yeah? When a relative novice in the test arena gets a ton, and a Michelle, and at "The Home of Cricket™, it's some achievement. Is it harsh on Root? Yeah, it probably is. I'd have given Root the nod. But you can understand the thinking behind it.

I'm assuming Atkinson got the nod, yeah? When a relative novice in the test arena gets a ton, and a Michelle, and at "The Home of Cricket™, it's some achievement. Is it harsh on Root? Yeah, it probably is. I'd have given Root the nod. But you can understand the thinking behind it.
Atkinson is only the 3rd player to ever score a hundred and take a 5 for at Lords, so it is slightly rarer than a century in each innings, but Sky could have afforded a second bottle of bubbly.

Atkinson is only the 3rd player to ever score a hundred and take a 5 for at Lords, so it is slightly rarer than a century in each innings, but Sky could have afforded a second bottle of bubbly.
Ah, but times are hard. And all those pundits are (presumably) being paid.

Back to Atkinson; it's a fantastic achievement for him, in only his 5th (?) test. Didn't realise the "double" was that rare at Lord's.

Not sure what the overall strategy is at Lancs but biggest game of the season tomorrow in the T20 quarter down at Sussex.

Been following the odds over the last week and Lancs are favourites. I can't see the squad announced yet but can only assume some of the big names are back.

Not sure what the overall strategy is at Lancs but biggest game of the season tomorrow in the T20 quarter down at Sussex.

Been following the odds over the last week and Lancs are favourites. I can't see the squad announced yet but can only assume some of the big names are back.
Buttler is still injured, but we may have Salt and Livingstone back.

Sussex may have Archer and Robinson available though.

If the odds are good on Sussex, it might be a value bet. (Bear in mind I don’t bet and Lancs will probably win now as a result of this!)

Durham have turned it round in the T20 Blast Quarters - favourites Surrey wobbling at 53-3 chasing 163

Sowter was playing for Oval in the Hundred as well so his experience could be very useful to help restrict runs in the middle overs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.