Cricket Thread

Mark Butcher, what an arrogant ****, telling the Sri Lankan captain what he’s going to do before he’s done it (after winning the toss). An utterly drab humourless **** as well

I’m not sure we should be playing the ramp. Another gives his wicket away doing it. Duckett.
Pope will be relieved to score some runs. Good day for Eng.

Charming!

For the record, Lancashire won easily without his help, or that of the wonderful Clive Lloyd.
Bloody hell I’d completely forgotten about Sir Clive Lloyd. What a batting line up Fowler, Mendis, Lloyd, Fairbrother (He played for Grapenhall & I met his dad when I played there), Watkinson, Akram, Hughes. Have I missed anyone?

League cricket, county cricket, international cricket it’s all fucking shit nowadays.
Cricket was great back in the '70s and '80s.

Test matches started on a Thursday and continued on Friday and Saturday. Sunday League the next day. Monday and Tuesday back to the test, and Wednesday was one-day (either Benson &Hedges or John Player/Gillette) Cup..

Cricket was great back in the '70s and '80s.

Test matches started on a Thursday and continued on Friday and Saturday. Sunday League the next day. Monday and Tuesday back to the test, and Wednesday was one-day (either Benson &Hedges or John Player/Gillette) Cup..
Totally agree 100%. When the test matches were on BBC in the school hols with Tony Lewis, Richie Benaud Ray Illingworth and I can’t remember the last commentators name, I used to watch all 5 tests for all 5 days and the only time I went outside was in the lunch and tea breaks to play out the morning and afternoon sessions with my mates and as soon as play resumed I was back inside watching until play finished at 6pm and then it was a quick tea before we were out again recreating the days play. Great times and cricket was truly brilliant back in the day and the main reason I fell in love with it and was pretty decent at it.

That was a great win for Gloucester
They sure played better than Lanky
My Wife's from Gloucester and she's been going barmy, lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.