Cricket Thread

The only saving grace here, as was mentioned the other day, is that Kent and Notts are getting smashed as well, so it will run another week to see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat, as all 3 are going to lose this round of matches

Just been having a proper look at this now it's all but confirmed that the 3 are heading for innings defeats. Big problem for Lancs now is that they play 2nd in the table Somerset next. Kent and Notts play each other so at least one of them will get a decent points haul. Relegation is pretty certain I'd say.

Just been having a proper look at this now it's all but confirmed that the 3 are heading for innings defeats. Big problem for Lancs now is that they play 2nd in the table Somerset next. Kent and Notts play each other so at least one of them will get a decent points haul. Relegation is pretty certain I'd say.
Yes going down and no excuses, we have been dire all season.

Three consecutive innings defeats. Can’t recall that happening before in all the 65 years I’ve been following the county side. The “transition” period excuse is wearing thin. Maybe a few seasons in 2nd tier will bring on the youngsters but the senior players bar Jennings have let the team down

Oh dear, I didn't realise Kent played Notts, it's virtually game over then without two wins from last two.

Three consecutive innings defeats. Can’t recall that happening before in all the 65 years I’ve been following the county side. The “transition” period excuse is wearing thin. Maybe a few seasons in 2nd tier will bring on the youngsters but the senior players bar Jennings have let the team down
Two consecutive innings defeats hadn’t happened since about 1908, so 3 is probably unprecedented.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.