Cricket Thread

I was watching earlier and the worst thing was hearing Paul Allott say Luke Wood doesn't want to play red ball cricket. He needs fucking off along with the other so called white ball stars who never turn out for Lancs.

A complete rebuild is needed, on and off the pitch, we've literally got kids playing in a must win game and it's grossly unfair on them when it's obvious they aren't yet ready.
I don't think Luke Wood is good enough for red ball cricket

What's the deal with Anderson? I don't really understand why he hasn't played much (if any?) CC this season. Especially when Lancs have been in trouble for a long part of the season.

Very good question, I can't quite believe he's not turned out after the test series had finished.
I don't know the answer, but as he's confirmed he's carrying on as the fast bowling mentor for the Pakistan series he's probably having some time off before heading to Multan in about 2 weeks? Starts on 7th October anyway. It would have been nice to have some clarity around it, I was hoping he'd turn out for Lancs again before end of the summer as we're in the shit.

His international career is over, I think there's a good chance we won't see him bowl a red ball again. Been rumours of him going to MLC in the States next summer, wouldn't be totally surprised if one of the franchises over there buy him and he may appear at their sister clubs in different T20 tournaments e.g. New York, Cape Town and Mumbai.

I don't know the answer, but as he's confirmed he's carrying on as the fast bowling mentor for the Pakistan series he's probably having some time off before heading to Multan in about 2 weeks? Starts on 7th October anyway. It would have been nice to have some clarity around it, I was hoping he'd turn out for Lancs again before end of the summer as we're in the shit.

His international career is over, I think there's a good chance we won't see him bowl a red ball again. Been rumours of him going to MLC in the States next summer, wouldn't be totally surprised if one of the franchises over there buy him and he may appear at their sister clubs in different T20 tournaments e.g. New York, Cape Town and Mumbai.

There’s been something a bit sniffy about the whole summer, Stokes was allowed a few games for Durham in red ball while Jimmy was only allowed the one even knowing that he was only doing the one test, same goes for Pope being stood down for the last two county games for Surrey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.