Cricket Thread

I know it’s a batting track but this is still a monumental effort from these two. Hoping they can go on and at least eclipse the record for a 4th wicket partnership in test cricket. That stands at 449 runs. I think the record for any partnership - 624 - might just be out of reach though!

Just turned on my computer and saw the score. Yes, wonderful effort by England. Root is Root, one of the very greatest batsmen England have ever had. But especially pleased for Brook.
But you've got to ask yourself. Aren't pitches in the sub-continent pretty unbalanced? They seem so often to be like runways, giving the bowlers no help at all. I don't know exactly why that is — presumably it's the climate and the meteorological conditions (although other cricketing countries are situated on a similar meridian).

these two (409*) are 40 away from the largest ever recorded 4th wicket partnership (449) - and i think 3 away from England's largest ever partnership

Amazing achievement by Root and Brook, getting to their double tons. The stand gone past 400 runs now. And a lead of 100.

How many times has England had more than one double centurion in a test innings? It can't be that many, shirley?

Second highest partnership in the entirety of English test cricket history, which was also for the fourth wicket - need another 4 to beat it (3 to draw) otherwise it doesnt show on the record books for highest ever partnership for each wicket. However flat a pitch is that is magnificent. Ollie Pope definitely thinks it is good!

Amazing achievement by Root and Brook, getting to their double tons. The stand gone past 400 runs now. And a lead of 100.

How many times has England had more than one double centurion in a test innings? It can't be that many, shirley?
There's been 20 in the history of test cricket but only the second time for England. First time was Gatting and Fowler in India in 86.

20 seems a lot but the majority of the were made before the 60's when a maximum of 5 days play was introduced. Before that tests were played until a result

Just once Jim, Foxy Fowler and Big Fat Gatt

Got something in my head about Graeme Fowler and possibly David Gower doing it in a test match in India back in the mid-80s

Edit: It was Fowler and Gatting. Scorecard here: https://www.espncricinfo.com/series...ndia-vs-england-4th-test-63394/full-scorecard

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.