Cricket Thread

Kudos to Pakistan, England are shit facing spin

Look we are very much in the game and up to now we have got a score on the board with a couple of wicket in the shed, But its how they bat and how we bowl from here

It was predicted to be easier to bat and get harder and harder as time went on. Well the stats show it's been ridiculously tough from the outset and whilst it's got slightly easier in terms of bounce consistency, the deviation has increased.

An excellent innings from Smith. Shame he didn't make his century. Argument he could have just reigned it in with tea looming but he played aggressively up to that point and probably fancied getting it done before the break.

It's put us well and truly in the game here. I felt 200 would have had us in the game, with Pakistan batting last. If we can push up towards 300 then we're big favourites. They have some confidence from finally winning a home test, but on this pitch in the 4th innings if they have to chase anything over 200 they'll capitulate.

Great captaincy.

A bit like Morgan in the shorter format all those years ago. Was often under pressure because of his batting, but he was an exceptional leader who could come up with strategies and fields to dismiss the opposition and instilled that confidence in their batting.

He's just back from injury and playing on a minefield, you can't judge him for his batting on this surface too much. He's never been the best player of spin.
Point taken….no other candidates I guess

Point taken….no other candidates I guess

Not really.

But think of all those big innings and performances Stokes has delivered. He's a leader that has completely transformed the confidence in the side along with McCullum and gives the team the freedom to play the way they want to without getting slagged off and being chucked out of the side. His win % as England captain is very good.

England are very much in this game and got a score on the board over 250 on a turntable of a wicket

Especially with Ahmed in the side as well.

Seen a few comments that believe we could have scored more, but a few of the dismissals were just unplayable with how low the ball got. Would have been nice to sneak 300 but I think that's a good score if the pitch plays the same way/declines and batting 4th is going to be carnage.

England will need to get the new ball scuffed up quickly and get the shine of the ball so our spinners can grip it, Also England must not panic and lose their heads and bowl lolly pops

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.