Cricket Thread

There seems to be a sense that you need to go hard early to get wickets before the ball softens. I suppose the same is true with the Dukes, but I just wonder if the novelty has had a psychological effect in the minds of both bowlers and batsmen.
I was more asking why we this game is just using that ball, I thought we only used Duke balls here ?

I was more asking why we this game is just using that ball, I thought we only used Duke balls here ?
Sorry, my misunderstanding. The ECB decreed that the Kookaburra be used in the last round and this round of Championship matches, and there seem to be three reasons behind the decision. In part, it's seen as a 'punishment' for Dukes' poor supply of balls last season, when they seemed to go softer and out of shape faster than normal. There is also a belief that players in the County game should have the opportunity to play with the Kookaburra so that it's not such a shock when they are picked to tour with England. Finally, there is the thought that the Kookaburra does not move as much laterally, so this will encourage genuine pace and spin. Take your pick.

Sorry, my misunderstanding. The ECB decreed that the Kookaburra be used in the last round and this round of Championship matches, and there seem to be three reasons behind the decision. In part, it's seen as a 'punishment' for Dukes' poor supply of balls last season, when they seemed to go softer and out of shape faster than normal. There is also a belief that players in the County game should have the opportunity to play with the Kookaburra so that it's not such a shock when they are picked to tour with England. Finally, there is the thought that the Kookaburra does not move as much laterally, so this will encourage genuine pace and spin. Take your pick.
Thanks for explaning, I hadn't seen any of that, all sounds quite sensible.

Last season was a bit ridiclous with ball changes though.

Parkinson is off to Kent at the end of the season, seeking pastures new.
Yep I know, but reckon he would prefer the Dukes.

His one test and then a Kerrigan aftermath. Very bad management by the ECB, had him playing all 3 forms then dropped him dead. I think as he was an Icon Pick for the hundred rather than a regular contract he won't have that either. It is a shame they didn't let him carry on working with Jeetan Patel an concentrate on T20 where he made his name.

Very cloudy at the moment, odd light shower and cloud breaking up by the end of the day.
Looks like tomorrow's play may not start on time due to rain.

Definitely conditions for seam - I think both sides got fined for bowling slowly last match, so it would be nice if they'd get their act together and manage 90 overs once!

Very cloudy at the moment, odd light shower and cloud breaking up by the end of the day.
Looks like tomorrow's play may not start on time due to rain.

Definitely conditions for seam - I think both sides got fined for bowling slowly last match, so it would be nice if they'd get their act together and manage 90 overs once!

So same weather conditions will apply at The Oval then I guess,where Lancs will be aiming to get the last 5 wickets to win their match,hope Surrey aren't saved by the rain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.