Cricket Thread

If it was, as you say, common knowledge that the ball was going to turn (and I'm not questioning you, by the way), should our middle order not have been more prepared for what was to come? Dress it up any way you like; 211/2 after 41.2 overs collapsing to into 225/6 in the space of 3 overs is piss poor. Do they not face spin in the pre match warm up in the nets?

Like I said I get the feeling with the England batsman that they think it's ok somebody else will get the runs against spin bowling, Maybe it was just good bowling or bad batting by England, but reports are saying the wicket is getting worse by the over,

Having to bat last will just be about impossible, So England may feel try and smash quick runs in the morning and let our spinners have a go, but chasing anything over 150 will be a nightmare in the England 2nd innings

Countries cultivating raging Bunsens isn’t a new concept. It’s always happened in the subcontinent.

We’ve managed to win a test on this pitch and are still in with a fighting chance in this test.

India don’t need pitch advantage anymore as their fast bowlers are probsbly the best in the world.

Modern-day test cricketers want to score quick runs against spin bowlers, batsman back then always said the great spin bowlers always had your name on the ball, So I can sort of understand why we bat like that, Yes India and Pakistan ordered what is best for them and its same for England at home, The DRS review and the new rules plus umpires call so you can not kick the ball away anymore or use the pads with spinners, Maybe this is why England just try and score quick runs with the spinners

Do you think test cricket and the ICC would allow the same wicket for 2 back to back tests in England

This is a good wicket better than the first one problem is we ain't batted well

Good Wicket, Better than the first test, haha haha England might as well use a square ball in practice
Will it last another day, that will be the answer for tomorrow's cricket

Probably not, but we’ve not had a test wicket in England produce an 800+ score in 85 years, so the comparison isn’t the same.

England could never bake/sorry make a wicket to them standards

I just was thinking the new test cricket system with world ranking points on the line England should have questioned the use of the same wicket, Did we fancy beating them on any wicket and said yes

We are just about still in the game but lose them 4 wickets cheaply and give them 100 runs start in the 2nd innings then sorry i don't see us winning this one

England could never bake/sorry make a wicket to them standards

I just was thinking the new test cricket system with world ranking points on the line England should have questioned the use of the same wicket, Did we fancy beating them on any wicket and said yes

We are just about still in the game but lose them 4 wickets cheaply and give them 100 runs start in the 2nd innings then sorry i don't see us winning this one
There’s nothing wrong with the wicket.

Time to rest that Pakistan nerve. Everyone round the bar, need Bashir to bowl a lot more accurately but Leach will be licking his lips.

Should be another great day if cricket. 75 seems miles behind on this, but it's not over yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.