Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Interesting, isn't it, that even a basically poor side like the Windies can still rack up over 300? Time was when that was a huge score in the fifty overs game. Anyway, they're still going to be beaten, and well beaten. The decline of West Indies cricket has been one of the depressing things in my lifetime. I grew up on the swashbuckling teams of the sixties and seventies. It's a long way away.
I was watching a programme about the history of the World Cup and the one thing I noticed was the size of the bats (or Viv was 7 foot tall). No wonder a strike rate of 80 was deemed top quality. The bats were tiny in length and thickness, surprised you could hit any fast bowler with one of them, mind you England did struggle. The batsman are so good now, maybe the bowlers need some assistance from the rules to redress the imbalance. Get rid of these fielding restrictions maybe.

I hope Bangladesh can find a few pacers and induct them in the set up, their batting is v good but bowling isn't good enough to win tournaments. Fantastic Chase

I was watching a programme about the history of the World Cup and the one thing I noticed was the size of the bats (or Viv was 7 foot tall). No wonder a strike rate of 80 was deemed top quality. The bats were tiny in length and thickness, surprised you could hit any fast bowler with one of them, mind you England did struggle. The batsman are so good now, maybe the bowlers need some assistance from the rules to redress the imbalance. Get rid of these fielding restrictions maybe.
Better bats, smaller grounds, harsher fielding restrictions, 2 new balls, clamp down on all spinners with actions that aren't orthodox. The bowlers don't stand a chance and they aren't supposed to.

This is ridiculous, he is seeing it like a beach ball. Imagine being a bowler in this situation and knowing even if you get one of these out you have buttler and stokes to face you next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.