Cricket World Cup 2019 - England World Champions!!!

Haha I'm not sure who it was but one of the pundits was saying because the kiwis were brave enough to bat first they deserved the win. Pretty sure chasing has been much tougher in this tournament.
It was Shane Warne who said it.

And?

It’s played across the world and the best sides played in it.

It’s hardly the same as an all American “World Series”.
That's named after the orginal sponser of the tournament though, the newspaper "The World".

Qualification is just a bit too skewed imo, that's all.

The absolute grind that New Zealand put us through to get anywhere near to their modest total was absolute torture. I couldn’t even watch the game at some points and had to listen on the radio whilst doing other things to keep my mind preoccupied (not that you dirty thing) and for the overs to pass faster.

But that’s what setup that most amazing of finales. The tension, tension, tension.... bloody ell there’s a super over and more tension... was just unreal and then for it all to come down to the final ball of what’s essentially a Cricket penalty shootout was just unbelievable. Can’t believe we pulled it off.

Congratulations England you’re World Champions.

And?

It’s played across the world and the best sides played in it.

It’s hardly the same as an all American “World Series”.
Actually they do have at least one Canadian side who could qualify, but a “World Series” do me a favour, it is just as stupid a title as the ‘Champions League’.

That's named after the orginal sponser of the tournament though, the newspaper "The World".

Qualification is just a bit too skewed imo, that's all.

Fair enough, I’m not in the mood to argue, I’m ecstatic

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.