Cricket... ZZZZZZZ

rickmcfc said:
An out of date game, for out of date people. It's slow, boring and fixed to fuck. How can a game last for 5 days (who the fuck can do that in 2013 by the way) and it ends in a draw. Also how is it so weather dependant. Why can't they play in the rain?

I could attempt to explain the nuances and intricacies of the game to you, but feel that the task would ultimately prove to be as futile as explaining it to my Border Collie.
So I shall put it on the back burner until such time as you finally find the missing 'P' from the start of your username.

It really annoys me that people with even half a brain cell cannot fathom the concept of cricket.
It involves a bat and a ball, lbw is easier to explain then fucking offside and yet some cunts still cannot understand how truly fascinating a test match can be, they can also be dull but then so can any sport if both teams are cunts<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:50 am --<br /><br />If you want to pick a sport that makes no fucking sense pick lacrosse

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
rickmcfc said:
An out of date game, for out of date people. It's slow, boring and fixed to fuck. How can a game last for 5 days (who the fuck can do that in 2013 by the way) and it ends in a draw. Also how is it so weather dependant. Why can't they play in the rain?

I could attempt to explain the nuances and intricacies of the game to you, but feel that the task would ultimately prove to be as futile as explaining it to my Border Collie.
So I shall put it on the back burner until such time as you finally find the missing 'P' from the start of your username.

please do try to explain any of the point I raised. Like I said, boring as fuck, nothing happens for 90% of a game. More time is used throwing the ball between 5 fielders after every ball, then the bowler slowly walks back to start his run, then he rubs the ball for 15 seconds, then finally be runs and bowls, most of the time the batsman just casually blocks the ball, someone picks it up, throws it around to several team mates because they are all bored to fuck and just want to touch the ball, scenario starts again.

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:

please do try to explain any of the point I raised. Like I said, boring as fuck, nothing happens for 90% of a game. More time is used throwing the ball between 5 fielders after every ball, then the bowler slowly walks back to start his run, then he rubs the ball for 15 seconds, then finally be runs and bowls, most of the time the batsman just casually blocks the ball, someone picks it up, throws it around to several team mates because they are all bored to fuck and just want to touch the ball, scenario starts again.

Yawn, not nearly as boring as your posts on this thread.

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:

You have not grasped any aspect of the game, I'm afraid, this is the same argument propounded by most who dislike cricket, and it would indeed, take some time to explain. Cricket is probably the only sport which encompasses disciplines such as speed, athleticism, coordination, timing, patience and most of all, strategy. A captain in football does not need the same level of nouse as a cricket captain, who can win or lose a game by his own decisions, although I love football, it is a very simple game that does not need the the same level of concentration or intelligence.

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:

You do know that throwing the ball to certain players while the bowler walks back to his mark is a tactic too.

rickmcfc said:
rickmcfc said:

The bowler rubs the ball to get one side of it shiny. By doing this, when the ball is bowled, because one side is shiny and the other rough, the air passes over the shiny slide slightly faster than the rough side as there is less friction and it is this that causes the ball to 'swing'. If the bowler can swing the ball it increases his chances of taking the batsman's wicket.

See? You've just learned something about cricket and physics. You're most fucking welcome.

On a different note to explaining the finer things in sport to the knuckle draggers hope this rain fucks off top of the table clash today for lancs the forecast says its likely to be a draw though, and who do we want out of sri lanka and india ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.